Cunning plus AT-ST

By Brainsaysyes, in Star Wars: Destiny

Means a self nuked chicken walker right?

correct, cunning counters alot lol

Cunning is super fun. I've used Cunning to...

• ...put a hit on Jabba by pretending to be a competing Crime Lord.
  • ...kill Vader with two remaining health and three shields by pretending to have a Lightsaber.
  • ...kill two Stormtroopers at once by making explosion sounds and pretending to have a Thermal Detonator.
  • ...etc etc.

Mostly, I use it to duplicate Padme's ability and help mill my opponent more quickly. It's such a versatile card. My deck has 2x Cunning and 2x Thermal Detonator. My deck is primarily a mill deck, but I've won several games by focusing several (at least 3) of the Cunning/Thermal Detonator cards to specials and then setting them all off. Dealing 9 damage to all of an opponents characters in one action is brutal.

My deck is primarily a mill deck, but I've won several games by focusing several (at least 3) of the Cunning/Thermal Detonator cards to specials and then setting them all off. Dealing 9 damage to all of an opponents characters in one action is brutal.

Unless there were 3 Thermal Detonators on the table at the same time, I don't think it would work that way? Once you use one it's gone, even via Cunning...

My deck is primarily a mill deck, but I've won several games by focusing several (at least 3) of the Cunning/Thermal Detonator cards to specials and then setting them all off. Dealing 9 damage to all of an opponents characters in one action is brutal.

Unless there were 3 Thermal Detonators on the table at the same time, I don't think it would work that way? Once you use one it's gone, even via Cunning...

Wait... so, I've been under the assumption that you resolved the Cunning as though Cunning were the card. Now that I'm re-reading it, it looks like you just resolve that other card... so if the resolution involves a discard or exhaust, you'd do it to the other card? That sound right?

"Resolve a special ability on another card in play as if it were your card."

So... if I use Cunning to resolve an opponent's Thermal Detonator, I would deal 3 damage to each of his characters and then he'd have to discard the card? The only reason to use Cunning to resolve my own is if I didn't roll the special I needed? Makes more sense now.

Wait... so, I've been under the assumption that you resolved the Cunning as though Cunning were the card. Now that I'm re-reading it, it looks like you just resolve that other card... so if the resolution involves a discard or exhaust, you'd do it to the other card? That sound right?

So... if I use Cunning to resolve an opponent's Thermal Detonator, I would deal 3 damage to each of his characters and then he'd have to discard the card? The only reason to use Cunning to resolve my own is if I didn't roll the special I needed? Makes more sense now.

Yeah, it was in the most recent update to the Rules Reference.

Can I use Cunning (r65) to trigger discard an opponent’s Thermal Detonator (r67) or Infantry Grenades (r17)? •

Yes. You will deal the damage to an opponent’s characters and then discard the Thermal Detonator or Infantry Grenades.

Edited by netherspirit

Yeah, it was in the most recent update to the Rules Reference.

Can I use Cunning (r65) to trigger discard an opponent’s Thermal Detonator (r67) or Infantry Grenades (r17)? •

Yes. You will deal the damage to an opponent’s characters and then discard the Thermal Detonator or Infantry Grenades.

Ah. Thanks. I missed that one. I've been discarding my Cunning. This is so much better!

Yeah, it's still a great use of cunning though. Very good card.