Rules: Modifying a die being resolved through a card.

By LordxMgen, in Star Wars: Destiny

Stupid question, but I am going to ask anyway. Can a die being used in a "Resolve one die and do X" card have its result modified by a modify die in your dice pool?

Stupid question, but I am going to ask anyway. Can a die being used in a "Resolve one die and do X" card have its result modified by a modify die in your dice pool?

No, because then you're resolving more dice than the card tells you to.

I remember reading something about this in the rulebook I think, but I can't find it. I do believe Rich is right though.

RESOLVING DICE THROUGH CARDS

Many cards allow a player to resolve one or more dice. When a player resolves a die through a card, they use the normal die effect based on the symbol, and follow any extra instructions.

• A player must still pay any resource cost on that die.

• A player cannot resolve a modifier by itself.

• A player cannot use modifiers when resolving a die through a card effect, unless the card allows them to resolve multiple dice of the same symbol.

RRG Page 9

So how would Force Throw work. The special states "Remove a die to deal a character damage equal to the value showing on that die"

1. If its a modified dice can that still be used to deal damage?

2. If its a resource costed face does the resource cost have to be paid?

So how would Force Throw work. The special states "Remove a die to deal a character damage equal to the value showing on that die"

1. Yes

2. No

Remove is different than Resolve.

2. No

You're removing a die, not resolving it