how does combat works?

By Spetsnaz, in StarCraft

let say that i have huge force attacking smaller force of the deffender, and the diffender kill my first line unit/ front line unit / the first combat skirmisher. but my question how so i resolve the assisning units? or does it mean that the combat is over?

what do you use averge values for?

how do you do when you dont have any combat cards in the begining of the game and you are getting attackt by the enemy?

this is it for now.

1. I don't think this can be explained much better than it is in the rulebook. You may want to read it a few more times until you understand exactly what it says, perhaps following along with plastics and combat cards.

2. Average values tell you the average number of attack strength/health on the combat cards for each respective unit. You don't really use them for anything except anticipating how strong your enemy's units could be.

3. You start out with a hand of 6 (8 if you are a human faction) combat cards, so you shouldn't be without cards at the beginning. If you are ever in a situation where you do not have a card that you want to play on a specific unit you can play one face down from the top of your deck.

Is the game published in your native language?

I think most of it is explained on Page 32 unde the Topic "Resolving Retreast" .

But basically it goes like this;

After all skrimishes are resolved between two players front-line units there are three possible outcomes.

1. Only the Attacker has units left = those units occupy the area where the battle occured.

2. Only the Defender has units left = those units remain on the area where the battle occured.

3. If units survived on both sides, the attacker failed = all of the attackers units have to retreat to one empty or friendly area och the current planet or one planet adjacent to the present one that the attacker has a transport connecting the two planets.

--

Average values are usually used when you dont have cards on your hand that fit your units in combat or if you just dont want to waste all your really good cards.

It could also be used if you dont have any Combat Cards on your hand in a fight and must retreat to drawing a random card from your combat deck Draw pile.