Multiple Starters

By Evil Doctor T, in Star Wars: Destiny

Afternoon all

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere

Played my first few games last night and have been thinking about expanding the collection

Me and a friend have on each of the starter sets each (me Rey and him kylo) and are thinking of splitting a booster box

Given that we are thinking of the box is it worth picking up any more starter sets to double up on those cards and give options? Or isn't it's best to just save the money and go for more boosters

I am debating a second starter of each just for Finn, force throw, mind probe, lightsabers, and use the force. You could however get these on the singles market as well, doesnt really matter either way.

The topic has come up a few times and you'll read differing opinions.

I personally think you should only buy one of each starter. After that, boosters (or boxes).

I could be wrong but I see no point in 2 starters of the same cloth.

Am I right in thinking that most of the starter card should are in the boosters?

@DocEvil You absolutely do benefit from two of each starter, as the cards Ryertangent mentioned above are NOT attainable through boosters. I am not wrong in this.

My personal opinion is that this game is a $60 buy in...2 of each starter.

Am I right in thinking that most of the starter card should are in the boosters?

Many are (and not necessarily the ones you want) and some are not. Boosters and boxes will provide you with the many different cards you need to diversify your game. When you open your first crack booster you'll instantly be happy you spent your money on those rather than more starter cards.

One of each starter will gain you 2 of light saber and force throw and use the force

Edited by LordFajubi

One of each starter will gain you 2 of light saber and force throw and use the force

If I recall, Force Throw is only in one of the starters, same with Mind Probe. Both good cards that you'd probably want 2 of.

Edited by netherspirit

It's not needed at all. Buy boosters and you will have plenty of fun. Splitting a box in two seems a very good idea and to me much more fun than a second starter.

Edited by wirbowsky

It's not needed at all. But boosters and you will have plenty of fun. Splitting a box in two seems a very good idea and to me much more fun than a second starter.

Exactly! You'll have so much more fun with $40 worth of boosters than 2 more starters that you already own.

I traded for 2 Force Throws. Only bought 2 Kylo sets. I do not and will not play heroes....for now. (Untill they come out with mace windu hehe then I will think about it)

If I recall, Force Throw is only in one of the starters, same with Mind Probe. Both good cards that you'd probably want 2 of.

I traded for 2 Force Throws. Only bought 2 Kylo sets. I do not and will not play heroes....for now. (Untill they come out with mace windu hehe then I will think about it)

Or perhaps a way for Darth Maul and Ezra to play together (Neutral Maul or Treaty)?? LoL :-D

~D

It's not needed at all. But boosters and you will have plenty of fun. Splitting a box in two seems a very good idea and to me much more fun than a second starter.

Exactly! You'll have so much more fun with $40 worth of boosters than 2 more starters that you already own.

The wife and I have one of each between us, plus about 18 boosters.

We are finding when playing against each other that we are running out of resource tokens, and some extra commons such as dodge and take cover would be good. Elite Finn and a second FOST could help too

Ive just talked myself into buying seconds havent I

Having one of each starter is a good way to be able to build both types of decks. The only thing you'll really be missing is Finn's 2nd die, along with a 2nd force throw and mind probe

When I looked at the singles I wanted from the starter + shipping the 2nd starter made sense.

If you are in a price crunch I would say its better to get your Box now, and the Starters later.

There isn't enough of a singles market yet, so it's hard to tell, but if Finn + Force Throw is greater than $15, the Rey starter will be worth it (which leads me to think they won't be, but I'm not sure what price they will end up at then). I'm expecting Mind Probe will be slightly more expensive than Force Throw, because Mind Probe doesn't have the benefit of having a second Kylo starter exclusive card in its box. I'm predicting maybe $6 for Force Throw, $7 for Finn, $7 for Mind Probe?

I guess what costs are you willing to eat for those 3 cards alone? If it's less than they end up going for, just buy another starter.

I've looked at singles market in UK for the cards and dice you need two of each starter for and it's much cheaper than the extra starters.

That said.. im considering a second of each starter at some point anyway so I can leave them as they are for at home/learner games without having to reconfigure decks etc.