Dice question

By ozmodon, in Star Wars: Destiny

Can I add more than one bonus to a dice? I E 1, +2, +2 for 5 damage? It seems legit but I just want to make sure

Yes you can.

That is exactly what I wanted to know as well, thank you.

But...is there an official FFG response to this multiple modifiers dice added to a single damage die question?

You can resolve as many of the damage bonuses as you want as long as the symbols match. You can also choose to not resolve some damage bonus dice if you want to re-roll it for the chance at a better result.

So say you have 3 dice: 1 Melee, +1 Melee & +2 Melee. You can choose to resolve the 1 Melee and the +2 Melee and leave the +1 Melee in your pool if it has better sides that you want.

But...is there an official FFG response to this multiple modifiers dice added to a single damage die question?

When resolving you can pick as many dice as you want as long as their symbol matches.

Modifiers have to be applied to a base value.

So there is no official response that I know of beyond the fact that nowhere it is written that you can apply only one modifier. So we can conclude that the rule is that you can apply several modifier to the same base value.

Just read the sections in the Rules Reference Guide for Resolve Dice and Modifier. Paraphrasing, you're allowed to resolve any number of dice with the same symbol, one at a time. The exception is that Modifier dice (the ones with a plus) are resolved simultaneously with non-Modifier dice.

So, let's say you have the following dice in your pool... 1Melee, 2Melee, +1Melee, +2Melee and +2 Melee.

You could do the following.

1. Say that you're taking a Resolve Dice action using the Melee symbol.

2. Say that you're resolving the 1Melee die and a +2Melee die for 3 Melee damage to Character A.

2. Subsequently, say that you're resolving the 2Melee die and the other two Modifier dice for 5 damage to Character A.

3. End your action.

You don't actually have to declare all of the dice you're resolving as part of your action. You just resolve them one at a time until you're done.

In fact, sometimes you'll be able to resolve a die that wasn't actually in your pool at the start of your action. Say you have a 1Focus die. You can Resolve Dice using the focus icon. Resolve the 1Focus to flip another die to a facing showing 2Focus. You can then resolve that 2Focus as part of the same action. Works for specials too.

Remember, do not "feel" the rules and do not "infer" the rules. Simply read them. Yes, you may add as many modifier dice of the same symbol to a non modifier value dice.

MODIFIER (RRG, page 8)
Some dice have one or more blue sides with a plus sign (+)
before the value. Sides with a plus can only be resolved at
the same time as another die that shows the same symbol
without a plus. While resolving, the plus value is added to the
other die to create a new value.
Example: You roll a +2 (ranged) symbol. You also roll a 1 (ranged) symbol,
so you can resolve the +2 (ranged) along with the 1 (ranged) for 3 ranged
damage dealt to any one character. If you had not rolled the
1 (ranged), or had already spent it, you could not have resolved the
+2 (ranged) die.
••A modifier cannot be resolved by itself.

I saw this at the place I played.

1 range and +2 range.

he split them up dealing 1 range damage to character A and 2 range damage to character B.

is that possible?

I feel like it shouldn't since you just increasing the 1 range to 3 because of the +2 range.

still just 1 source of damage no?

I saw this at the place I played.

1 range and +2 range.

he split them up dealing 1 range damage to character A and 2 range damage to character B.

is that possible?

I feel like it shouldn't since you just increasing the 1 range to 3 because of the +2 range.

still just 1 source of damage no?

No, that is not possible.

The RRG explicitly requires that damage from a modified face must be applied to the same target as the non modified die being resolved with it.