Qui-gon and Hunker Down, BFFs?

By Ryertangent, in Star Wars: Destiny

Has anyone tried the synergy with this? Theoretically I can see some shenanigans however seems fairly easy to counter. Any opinions?

Any event, support, or upgrade that gives shields will work very well with QGJ. There are lots of cards that hand out shields, making QGJ a great choice for a blue deck. Much like his master Count Dooku, he can outlast his opponents. Winning via decking tends to be a great strategy with these two force users.

I have been using mono blue, with force protection. Now losing 2 upgrade slots for Hunker Down seems iffy/strong in the wrong/right scenario. I guess my question is does anything think this is stronger than force protectionx2?

Two of Qui-Gon's faces are shields, so I don't think he really needs any help generating more. You're better off loading up on upgrades that deal damage.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

My thoughts are, if you have at least 1 shield on qui gon. You can tap each upgrade for 1 damage each not mitigated by dice.

I have been using mono blue, with force protection. Now losing 2 upgrade slots for Hunker Down seems iffy/strong in the wrong/right scenario. I guess my question is does anything think this is stronger than force protectionx2?

I wouldn't mess up a mono blue deck just for that card, no. Yellow also has Diplomatic Immunity. Those two, along with Force Protection and and Defensive Stance make for a great set of cards! The question becomes, what Yellow character do you bring into this deck?

Personally, I like Padme Amidala and 2x QGJ. With the strategy to Outlast my opponent Padme will help to burn through an opponents deck and with that double focus get the results I need out of QGJ and other support dice.

Yep, really want to build a Padme/eJinn mill deck.

Just need to draw or buy two Liam Neesons now. Lol.

I need two Liam Neesons and a Natalie Portman.... I really need Natalie Portman ;)

I have been running Qui-Gon Jinn since pre-release with 2x Hunker down and 2x Diplomatic Immunity. I first ran this deck as eQui-Gon / Finn, but the more recent version of it I have been using is Qui-Gon / Rebel Trooper / Hired Gun. Full disclosure however I currently do not have any Force Protections so I can't compare their use to Hunker down...

I really need Natalie Portman ;)

Don't we all...