Will the booster box bubble burst? (How many other games/systems are people playing?)

By jonboyjon1990, in Star Wars: Destiny

I gave up on playing X-Wing earlier (more of a long-term break) this year to focus on Warmachine and Armada. I also stopped playing Netrunner due to having noone to play with. I expect to pay ~$1000-1500/yr on tabletop games and try to keep what games I play balanced to that.

I have 2.5 boxes of destiny already, with another box coming in a week - it looks like we'll have a semi-healthy group of 6-8 dedicated players and again as many on the edge here playing it that is mostly players from other FFG games (X-Wing, GOT, etc). I think we'll come close to hitting the critical mass for collectability and having a semi-healthy secondary market (for at least trading).

Unfortunately: I think Destiny will not be well balanced using a collectible model beyond a year or two unless they go away from the rare-only dice distribution and find a way to have non-rare dice cards.

I see myself dropping Armada, probably selling it all as the local community is small and plays on the other side of the city from me. So I'll have some cash freed up for this. I plan on buying only two boxes and hopefully get what I want through trades. The collector in me wants at least one of each legendary, but the wallet says no.

X-Wing has stabilized for me as I got almost everything anyways. The next step is getting my Imperial Assault condition under control... it's not just the expansions and character packs for IA... it's the paint! I really enjoy the painting aspect... but I could blow $100 in paint without blinking...

I bought half a case with a friend, 10 boosters and rey starter. I now have all the cards for my Han/Rey deck via trading and I have no plans on buying anything else from awakening.

I play x-wing and IA as well and I prefer those games, because getting what you want is more fun than getting crap every other booster.

But! I have my deck and don't need anything else before the next set comes out :)

I have my deck and don't need anything else before the next set comes out :)

/scrutinize

I'm going to keep my eye on you. You either have amazing *resilience or suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD). I suffer from MPD as well, but my Obsessive Compulsive Gamer (CGO) personality is stronger and has my other half tied up and tucked away in the corner of my mind.

Every once in a while, I'll hear the faintest echo at the edge of my perception when about to make a considerable purchase...it goes away quickly though. The tiny voice is clearest only after CGO side is sated and bloated from the unwrapping of excess product.

/knowingsmile

*editted reliance to resilience

Edited by Versch

Haha :) I'll spend the money, but on the next IA expansions.

Lukas has already stated numerous times that each set is going to be as close to 160 cards as possible. Awakenings should not be considered a core set as it will be no larger than any other set.

Technically if they aim for 160 cards awakenings IS larger than other sets

160+24 characters.

Lukas has already stated numerous times that each set is going to be as close to 160 cards as possible. Awakenings should not be considered a core set as it will be no larger than any other set.

Technically if they aim for 160 cards awakenings IS larger than other sets

160+24 characters.

Every other set will be 160 cards and one per year will come with starters

Edited by jonboyjon1990
160+24 characters.
Awakenings is 160 (incl 24 characters) cards in booster

Every other set will be 160 cards and one per year will come with starters

source for the once a year starters

The market will stabilize at some point.

I also play magic and I buy 1-2 boxes when a new set comes out. Every Friday Night Magic I buy another 4 packs a week plus I get 2 pack for playing in a FNM. That's not counting single I buy on the side. I don't trade much as its always people want the hot stuff only but don't want to pay the price of the hot card in trade.

Once this game has product that can sit on the shelf it will probably be the same. Buy 1-2 boxes when new set and 3 packs a week.

If the game gets a competitive motion (tourney rules an such) boosters and singles will go up. Stores will crack boxes open more often.

Some people buy that many so they don't have to trade or to stockpile for multiple decks.