2 Player Destiny Mat

By Ryertangent, in Star Wars: Destiny

Wanting to get any thoughts on this, good or bad. I was looking into maybe getting it instead of using hard table or tablecloth on my dice.

I find that it's too limiting.

You need a table of just the right width, or you wind up reaching to the center of the table to use the mat or (more realistically) playing part on the mat and part off.

Individual play mats are a superior design in general, at least IMO.

I got an x wing mat ( play both games) and it is wonderful. So i imagine the 2 player destiny mat would be too.

On the hard table the dice clank and clatter. On the mat it is a tumble. Much less wear and tear and feels great

Table size doesnt really seem to be an issue in my mind. I am more concerned about wear on the dice as I can already see a few white specs/nicks here and there that seem to maybe be there from production? Anywho, If getting 2 individual mats could work as well that is a possibility.

it's smaller than I hoped it would be (though of course I could have just read the dimensions in the product description!) - a separate dice tray seems almost necessary

I saw someone use it this weekend and it was very pretty. However unless you have a "Picnic" style table, that is fairly narrow, it might be a stretch like someone said earlier. It'll probably be better long term to use individual playmats.

And it's smaller than the X-Wing playmat. It's more like the Imperial Assault playmat... I think 24' x 24'

Edited by Crabbok

I would recommend either the X-Wing mat due to its larger size or two single player maps. The Destiny two player mat only works well if you have a pretty narrow table. On a lot of tables, it's going to sit weirdly in the middle of the table.

Table size doesnt really seem to be an issue in my mind. I am more concerned about wear on the dice as I can already see a few white specs/nicks here and there that seem to maybe be there from production? Anywho, If getting 2 individual mats could work as well that is a possibility.

If you're playing a dice game, why don't you have a dice box?

Go to Michael's, buy a small shadow box, put felt in the bottom.

Total cost ~$7

This is going to protect your dice far more than a neoprene mat and, personally, I hate it when people roll their dice all over my dice pool.

Good idea here. I've been seeing a ton of dice getting rolled into each other and it's gonna get messy sooner rather than later.

If you're playing a dice game, why don't you have a dice box?

Go to Michael's, buy a small shadow box, put felt in the bottom.

Total cost ~$7

This is going to protect your dice far more than a neoprene mat and, personally, I hate it when people roll their dice all over my dice pool.

I have been using a cardboard box top (recycled from another board game) for the time being but still sounds rough when they hit the table. Side note, how much room does it give you in the center of the mat to roll/store your dice pool? it says 26'x26' how much of that would actually be taken up by cards? I havent really payed attention while playing.

Example:

Play mat to define play space and reduce potential wear/scuffs on cards, dice box for rolling. Box itself cost ~$7 and a bit of time. Playmat cost ~$20 on sale from Inked.

We've had a few people buy the 2 player mat around here but it's always awkward to use.

15230769_10202497243787786_7747832537340

Example:

Play mat to define play space and reduce potential wear/scuffs on cards, dice box for rolling. Box itself cost ~$7 and a bit of time. Playmat cost ~$20 on sale from Inked.

We've had a few people buy the 2 player mat around here but it's always awkward to use.

15230769_10202497243787786_7747832537340

What are the dimensions of that mat? it is rather nice :)

Example:

Thanks!

It's the standard Inked gaming playmat (14" x 24")

Hmmm, interesting because the 2 player mat is 26x26. On the table in the photo both players would be huddled towards the middle with a shared mat but on a more narrow table 2 1 player mats take up more room. What a conundrum!

Are people seeing the two player mat for sale at some FLGS? I checked a few near me and they don't have it (yet) in stock.

Example:

Thanks!

While the mat is nice, my OCD trumped my artistic side because the first thing I thought while looking at that pic was, "Ooooooo. Nice token containers". :lol:

Hmmm, interesting because the 2 player mat is 26x26. On the table in the photo both players would be huddled towards the middle with a shared mat but on a more narrow table 2 1 player mats take up more room. What a conundrum!

You can easily overlap two mats to fit a narrow table.

You can't do that with a two player mat.

Example:

Thanks!

While the mat is nice, my OCD trumped my artistic side because the first thing I thought while looking at that pic was, "Ooooooo. Nice token containers". :lol:

I know lol, I noticed that first I love the symmetry in the corner!

Organizing FFG components is like... 75% of playing FFG games :D

Containers were 10/$1 at the Dollar Tree.

Do you happen to remember where you picked up that mat? Was it inked gaming brand? I seem to only find very limited gaming mats of that size, mostly xwing and armada mats.

Do you happen to remember where you picked up that mat? Was it inked gaming brand? I seem to only find very limited gaming mats of that size, mostly xwing and armada mats.

Yep, got it from Inked. That was my wife's pick, and I got one for myself with Darth Malak on it.

Yep, got it from Inked. That was my wife's pick, and I got one for myself with Darth Malak on it.

Hmm, was it a custom order? I might look into that.

Hmm, was it a custom order? I might look into that.

Yes indeed.

Worth every penny, I recommend them.

I got mine during a 35% off sale, but they're still very reasonably priced normally.

I did just buy two small playmats from UltimateGuard (20 Euro in total)... I am totally satisfied with my solution!

One red and one blue... good enough to fight one on one...

Edited by Veritas85

I actually just went to a cloth store and bought a big ol' chunk of neoprene backed fabric... "mouse pad material". I use it as a table cloth for these sorts of games. It's not super pretty, but man was it cheap.