Allow Proxies for Misprinted Dice

By Crabbok, in Star Wars: Destiny

One last standalone thought: While there's probably little chance of getting replacements for cases where the card and die in a pack are mismatches, I will absolutely guarantee you that FFG will replace a misprinted die with a correct one. So all the drama over how mean it will be to people with misprinted dice to not let them proxy is sorely misplaced.

I was under the impression that misprinted die was replaced with a sealed booster, which imo, is quite inadequate.

Hrm. That may be the case, but it would really surprise me. FFG is historically outstanding at replacing improper parts, but maybe they don't want to have the singles around, or couldn't this early in the production run? Will have to see, but I will be surprised if that is, and lasts.

I'm not sure how inadequate it is. You lost a random die, you get a random die in return. Honestly, given that "uncommons" are just as rare as rares, you come out ahead on it. I know that's harder to accept because you want that Vader, but the logic does make sense.

I'm still waiting to see how big a problem this actually turns out to be. I'm seeing a lot more reports of mismatched card/die packs than I am misprinted dice.

Besides, anyone who doesn't have that second die for the character they want to run should just find someone to trade with before they play, or go back to LCGs... right? ;)

Touche, sir.

I'll trade it for a correct Han die, since FFG won't fix it.

Seriously? Did you ask and have FFG say 100%, unquestionably "NO"?

This would surprise me. FFG has always been quick to replace even user damaged product. I would never think in a million years they'd refuse to replace defective product. Maybe they'd ask you to wait, given the current production SNAFU, but refuse outright?

Well, it's Asmodee saying that. FFG's customer support redirects to Asmodee, who doesn't have the sterling record of customer service that FFG used to.

I will absolutely guarantee you that FFG will replace a misprinted die with a correct one.

Can you help me with this, then? (If you know a way of contacting FFG directly, I mean)

The FFG "Customer Service" page > Component Defects > Damaged/Missing Components Request Service takes you to the Asmodee Parts Request page

http://parts.asmodeena.com/about.php

Their policy is to send a brand new booster pack if they've misprinted one of your dice.

> What is the customer service policy for Star Wars™: Destiny?

> In response to a perceived factory defect for rare or legendary card and/or die we will replace the card, but we will not replace the exact die. If there is a factory defect with a die, we will send out a sealed booster pack as a replacement.

Edited by cheddarhead4