Another rule question

By Oldster, in Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation

One of rules says that Sauron player will win the game if he places three characters in Shire. Does it still work in Variant Game?

Oldster said:

One of rules says that Sauron player will win the game if he places three characters in Shire. Does it still work in Variant Game?

IIRC, yes. Having the Variant WK (either in Variant or Draft game) just adds another victory option for Sauron.

I think there is no need to create another rule topic so I will write here.

Instruction says that Pipin's retreat does not count as a normal move. So if he retreat from battle before using cards can I move him (or diffrent character) again?

Oldster said:

Instruction says that Pipin's retreat does not count as a normal move. So if he retreat from battle before using cards can I move him (or diffrent character) again?

Pippin is only able to retreat when he attacks, so you will have already moved a character that turn, just one that got cold feet afterwards gran_risa.gif .

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/286485/pippin-and-his-retreat

Because there is already a rules thread I figured I would post this question here. When a player uses the card "magic" in combat it is replaced with any card in that player's discard pile. According to the rules text if a player replaces a "text card" the chosen card resolves immediately, just as though the chosen card had been played instead of "magic." The rules are less explicit when it comes to choosing a strength card but by the look of things I gathered that the chosen strength card would raise the strength of the relevant players character by the value of the strength card for that battle, thus replacing the played "magic" card with a played strength card. A friend of mine disagrees with me believing that a chosen strength card is returned to the choosing player's hand for use in a latter battle. Which is correct?

You are correct and your friend is wrong. The strength card would "replace" the "magic" card, since the "magic" card has been played, so is the replacement and thus it is not returned to your hand.