Discussion: Holdout Blaster vs F-110 Rifle

By FSD, in Star Wars: Destiny

So I'm trying to decide upon which weapon I like more for my Stormtroopers.

They both have a cost of 2 and share 3 die faces (2 ranged damage for the cost of one resource, +2 ranged damage and 1 resource) as well as the Redeploy keyword so they are evenly matched there.

You trade out the straight 1 damage on the Holdout for a +1 damage modifier on the F-110 so I give that die face as a pro for the Holdout as the modifier side is reliant on the other dice in your pool.

The Special on the F-110 (two damage, opponent distribution choice) competes against the 1 Shield on the Holdout so I give that a pro to the F-110.

Finally the Holdout also has the Ambush keyword while the F-110 has nothing else so that's clearly a pro for the Holdout.

I'm leaning more toward the Holdout for action economy but the benefit from the special on the F-110 has more longevity to it.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Holdout blaster. Ambush is just too good.

Holdout ftw

I'm contemplating Holdout as the first choice and once you get it equipped, you can replace it with the F-110 for free but I'm skeptical about that combo taking up 4 slots in my deck.

Maybe two Holdouts and a F-110 as back-up?

Edited by FSD

There's nothing stopping you from attaching both to a character. The more weapons, the merrier.

Holdout.

Unless you are ALSO considering a yellow-heavy deck, in which case use your red guns on your troopers and give your holdout blasters to Han Solo.

There's nothing stopping you from attaching both to a character. The more weapons, the merrier.

While true, with the luck I tend to exhibit, I'd spend resources to equip and only roll modifiers and ranged damage that needs a resource to activate and be left with no credits in my pocket... ;)

Holdout.

Unless you are ALSO considering a yellow-heavy deck, in which case use your red guns on your troopers and give your holdout blasters to Han Solo.

Remem, F11D-Rifle is Villain. And Finn wont work with eHan. Now I guess you could do eFinn and Han, but Han is just sooo much better IMO.

~D

Just to throw in, Holdout is a neutral die. F110 is a red die. Many cards target die color. This should have some bearing on combos.