Countering the Crime Lord

By hendersondayton, in Star Wars: Destiny

Just curious to know what you all think is a good way to counter a deck with the Crime Lord and a good way to generate resources.

For me, I have been filling my deck with cards that allow me to change my opponents die results. Is this the only way?

Lots of resource disruption paired with 'my kind of scum' might also work.

Or just quick aggro to kill them before they can actually do it

Having cunning on the board my diswade someone from playing their crime Lord...

Your 2 point cunning could proc their crime Lord the the turn crime Lord comes out to kill the character with crime Lord on it.

Cunning with focus on other dice to get its has been an absolute beast for me.

Edited by Icelom

Your 2 point cunning could proc their crime Lord the the turn crime Lord comes out to kill the character with crime Lord on it.

Would you be able to use Cunning on Crime Lord if you didn't have the additional five resources to activate it (on top of the two used for Cunning)?

Would you be able to use Cunning on Crime Lord if you didn't have the additional five resources to activate it (on top of the two used for Cunning)?

Good question. I was assuming you still needed to pay the cost...

I agree, which is why it seems less useful as a Crime Lord counter. Seems unlikely that you'd have 7 free resources very often.

I agree, which is why it seems less useful as a Crime Lord counter. Seems unlikely that you'd have 7 free resources very often.

Crime Lord says: Spend 5 resources to choose a character. That character is defeated after this round ends.

So yes, you will definitely need to spend the 5 resources to use it.

I concur. The "Spend 5 resources" is part of the resolution of the ability. It's not a cost to activate the die, but rather a prerequisite to finish the ability. This prevents you from claiming the battlefield that allows you to skip paying a die's cost, because Crime Lord's special has no DIE Cost.

I guess that is why its a Legendary Card...

Occupation works for red villain decks.

Easiest way, kill them by Turn #2/#3. They won't be able to generate enough resources by then.

~D

Always have a way to modify/remove the ability to resolve crime lord. Rerolling, Disruption, Dice Removal, Dice modification.

also can only be equiped to yellow characters so they would have to be mono yellow to not have an easy target to focus down

1) Kill them before they kill you.

Remember, Crime Lord accelerating resources and killing one of your guys on turn 3 is slow. It is not fast. Aggro decks will kill 10hp guys on turn 2 with consistency, Crime Lord will not.

Basically, the decks that should be scared of Crime Lord are slow, durdly decks that are trying to play AT-STs, mill the opponent out, or otherwise mess around too much.

2) Dice Control

Crime lord is a single dice. Even if they naturally roll it, you have Flank, Electroshock, Force Throw that can pick out that individual dice, and plenty of other situational ways to remove it. Any deck that relies on a single dice is very easy to disrupt.

1) Kill them before they kill you.

Remember, Crime Lord accelerating resources and killing one of your guys on turn 3 is slow. It is not fast. Aggro decks will kill 10hp guys on turn 2 with consistency, Crime Lord will not.

Basically, the decks that should be scared of Crime Lord are slow, durdly decks that are trying to play AT-STs, mill the opponent out, or otherwise mess around too much.

2) Dice Control

Crime lord is a single dice. Even if they naturally roll it, you have Flank, Electroshock, Force Throw that can pick out that individual dice, and plenty of other situational ways to remove it. Any deck that relies on a single dice is very easy to disrupt.

Could you post your super fast deck here for reference? Lot's of new people do not believe the amount of damage that can be done by turn #2 (not to attack since I believe this. my card pool is not big enough for this just yet and I do not play the computer tabletop on steam)

I am just flabbergasted by the posts people make about killing a 10 health character in turn 2. I barely get half that on by turn 2.

He's talking about Vader Raider. On a GOOD UNDISRUPTED roll you can do 9 damage turn 1.

He's talking about Vader Raider. On a GOOD UNDISRUPTED roll you can do 9 damage turn 1.

Unfortunately, i have neither of those cards after opening 34 boosters.

eJango/eVeers can get 10+ damage out over the first two rounds if you can get a blaster or two out before rolling them. I also try to get Backup Muscle early to allow for the little extra damage if you need it.

eJango/eVeers can get 10+ damage out over the first two rounds if you can get a blaster or two out before rolling them. I also try to get Backup Muscle early to allow for the little extra damage if you need it.

I assume "e" means two dice?

Correct. E = elite

Correct. E = elite

Right. I guess i missed where it said "Elite" meant "two dice"...but now that i look, its right there. Thanks!

Pulled Jabba with crime Lord along with some other yellow villains, looking forward to playing with that synergy..