Retouching exsisitng minis

By Stubai, in Wings of War (WWII)

Hi all

Is anyone retouching the minis to represent multiple planes from the one squadron? Call me a nerd but if I am taking to the air in two mk2 Spits then I want them from the same squadron.

What paints are you using? Any Tips

I am.

I'm using Vallejo Model Master series, but pretty much any paint will work so long as you can mix the right colors!

Vallejo has a wide range of colors and is excellent paint.

There are many good paints, both water based and thinner based. Go down to your hobby store and get a box :)

If you don't want to paint over the Wow miniatures are there several manufacturers that makes WW2 1/200 planes, like Action 200 but painting over the original plane work fine as well.

Another option is to make you own decals from an existing model kit is you desire to get into that level of detail. There are a few option for decal paper. Take the origianl declas from a model kit and reduce them down on a printer/scanner until they are 1/200. They copy them to the decal paper and follow the instructions for that particular brand of decal paper.

afilter said:

Another option is to make you own decals from an existing model kit is you desire to get into that level of detail. There are a few option for decal paper. Take the origianl declas from a model kit and reduce them down on a printer/scanner until they are 1/200. They copy them to the decal paper and follow the instructions for that particular brand of decal paper.

Hmm, you wouldn't know where to find a good decal paper?

Anyways,both Skytrex and Reviresco are selling decals also, Reveresco even have Lozenge camouflage and the austrian cammo, a must for late central powers.

Pour Le Merite said:

afilter said:

Anyways, Skytrex sells decals in both 1/200 and 1/144, WW1 and WW2.

Pour Le Merite said:

Anyways,both Skytrex and Reviresco are selling decals also, Reveresco even have Lozenge camouflage and the austrian cammo, a must for late central powers.

You can try here in the US...

schoon said:

You can try here in the US...

Thanks, that was what I was looking for :)