Questions after first games

By hendersondayton, in Star Wars: Destiny

Yes, you can remove modifier dice (+).

What you can't do is resolve modifier dice (+) alone.

Thanks!

I have one. The shop clerk was running focus as "it can affect itself" so, example: I have a focus on Padme and a focus on Rey. I can resolve focus to switch Padme's die from focus to discard, then, since I am still resolving the die, force a discard. That is incorrect, I believe. In the directions it says that you can use focus to change "other dice in your pool" and so I figured you could only resolve Padme's focus to switch a different die (including Rey's "focus die") to a different side.

As an addendum, if you switched Rey's "focus" to "melee", would you continue to resolve the melee damage (because it started as a focus at the beginning of the turn) or would you not be able to, because Rey's die is no longer "Focus"?

I have one. The shop clerk was running focus as "it can affect itself" so, example: I have a focus on Padme and a focus on Rey. I can resolve focus to switch Padme's die from focus to discard, then, since I am still resolving the die, force a discard. That is incorrect, I believe. In the directions it says that you can use focus to change "other dice in your pool" and so I figured you could only resolve Padme's focus to switch a different die (including Rey's "focus die") to a different side.

As an addendum, if you switched Rey's "focus" to "melee", would you continue to resolve the melee damage (because it started as a focus at the beginning of the turn) or would you not be able to, because Rey's die is no longer "Focus"?

Your shop clerk is mistaken on a few fronts.

Focus dice can be used to switch OTHER focus-showing dice to another side, this is kosher. Focus dice CANNOT switch themselves, because using focus resolves and thus removes the die from play.

His resolution of discard is wrong on two fronts:

1.) The same die can NEVER be resolved twice in a single action, regardless of symbol showing. (So, say if you resolved the Special on BB-8, re-rolled the die, and rolled Special again, you couldn't resolve it a second time even though you could resolve other Special symbols)

2.) When you choose to resolve, you choose a SYMBOL to resolve, not a die. Even if you decided to resolve focus, used it to swap *another* die to discard, you could not then resolve that Discard until your next action.

This applies to the addendum. Which die is being resolved is immaterial, which SYMBOL is being resolved is what matters. If you pick Focus, you can't then start resolving Melee or Discard.

Edited by Tvayumat