Jedi Council question

By -MaGuS-, in Star Wars: Destiny

Hi.

Can this ability be used if our opponent has less than 2 cards in their deck?

This is the card:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/starwarsdestiny/star-wars-destiny/_/awakenings/jedi-council-r363

I once found mysel in a situation where I couldn't mill my opponent for some time because he was claiming a battlefield that allowed him to put one card from his discard on top of his (empty) deck. And we weren't sure if I can use this ability if he only has one card to discard it.

Please let me know your thoughts ;) . Thanks.

Unfortunately the answer is no you will not be able to mill the card using this ability. To take the 'Then' action you must have fully resolved the first part which is to look at 2 cards. Since you have not looked at 2 cards the rest of the Jedi Council ability is ignored.

“THEN” EFFECTS In order to resolve an effect that is preceded by the word “then,” the previous effects on the card must have fully resolved (i.e., the game state changes to reflect the intent of the effect in its entirety). If the part of an ability that precedes the word “then” does not successfully resolve in full, the part of the ability that follows the word “then” does not attempt to resolve. (RR page 17)

You can use the Jedi Council card but all you will accomplish is looking at the one card in the opponents deck.

Furelli

Edited by Furelli

Ok thx :) .