Vader in every box?

By Crabbok, in Star Wars: Destiny

Honestly every single booster box unboxing I've seen so far has a Vader in it. He is the only legendary that I've seen in every single box.

Now I'm almost certain that he's not 100% chance to be in every box, and it's probably just coincidence, but as far as legendaries go, he almost seems to be the most common based on what I've seen.

Has anyone here opened an entire booster box and NOT got a Vader?

Maybe you're right...I've opened a full box myself and seen two others opened and they all had a Vader. A friend is opening a box currently so let's see how that goes...

EDIT - No Vader.

Edited by Richard_Thomas_

Rumors has it of a limited carbonite edition featuring Han...

My friends and I opened 6 boxes last night, saw 2 Vader I believe. My box definitely did not have one.

I've only opened the one I got at pre-release, but it had Vader in it (which was my #1 "card to get," here's hoping for that elite with box 2...)

That would certainly drop Vader's price on the secondary if every box had one. Also good strategy on FFG's part if it's true.

We don't have any reason to believe that any legendary is more or less rare than any other right?

We don't have any reason to believe that any legendary is more or less rare than any other right?

No

Well, yeah we kinda do - purely based on what has been emerging. If you watch 10 boxes opened, and all 10 of them have a Vader then you now have SOME reason to believe that Vader is more common.

However nothing official.

Also I think I jinxed myself - no Vader in the box I got today! Grrrr!

2 Booster boxes and no Vader. Sadly only 3 Villains in 2 boxes at all.

That's the Dark Side for you... sorry Crabbok!

I've opened 3 sealed boxes - zero vader.

I opened 2 and I got 1 Vader. My boxes were pretty well spaced out. I think I got a total of 9 rares that come in starters though which sucks.

I opened 2 and I got 1 Vader. My boxes were pretty well spaced out. I think I got a total of 9 rares that come in starters though which sucks.

I hope they don't repeat this with the next wave that includes starters. I'd rather be "forced" to buy sets for certain cards then get the same rares over and over again in the boosters. My luck has held up thus far and it hasn't been an issue with the 3 dozen or so boosters I've opened.

After opening a pretty good number of boosters (130+) my standouts were:

1 Sith Holocron

0 Gaffi Sticks

1 Qui-Gon Jin

I Expected to have some double ups on the legendary cards and miss a couple, so my lack of Force Choke and Han Solo was not disappointing. 3 Launch bays was. :D

First world problems, I know.

eek at the 0 gaffi sticks in 130 packs...

Any that seemed exceedingly common?

Like 27 Rey Staffs?

Edited by BrobaFett

After opening a pretty good number of boosters (130+) my standouts were:

1 Sith Holocron

0 Gaffi Sticks

1 Qui-Gon Jin

I Expected to have some double ups on the legendary cards and miss a couple, so my lack of Force Choke and Han Solo was not disappointing. 3 Launch bays was. :D

First world problems, I know.

Dang...I got 2 Sith Holocrons and a Gaffi Stick in the same box...zero Qui-Gon Jin, though.

My legendaries (and I did get six) were:

One with the Force

Force Choke

Kylo Ren's Lightsaber

Han Solo

and then... Jabba AND Crime Lord!

I also pulled a Jango Fett, a Cunning, a On the Hunt and a Flamethrower so I was pretty happy with my Villainous Rogues setup.

Like 27 Rey Staffs?

Not really, nothing stands out. The packs in the box seem random, and the cards seem random too.

I will also admit that I was happy with the duplicates I got. Phasma, Darth, Luke, Luke's Lightsaber. I was so lucky I'll hit every red light for the next month.

Like 27 Rey Staffs?

Not really, nothing stands out. The packs in the box seem random, and the cards seem random too.

I will also admit that I was happy with the duplicates I got. Phasma, Darth, Luke, Luke's Lightsaber. I was so lucky I'll hit every red light for the next month.

:blink:

WOW that's some awesome random luck that went your way! I've opened about 3 dozen boosters total and have found 7 Legendary dice (none of them duplicates). I have only opened two duplicated dice thus far (Promotion and Rebel Trooper). Of the starter cards I've only opened 1 Jedi Robes and 1 Rey's staff. Having 2 of each of those in a deck isn't a bad thing at all. Overall, my luck has been pretty darn good as well. I've built 2 hero decks and 2 Villain decks. :)

One full box, no Vader

Legendaries were: commanding presence, jabba, Poe dameron, black one, Luke's Lightsaber, thermal detonator.

One full box, no Vader

Legendaries were: commanding presence, jabba, Poe dameron, black one, Luke's Lightsaber, thermal detonator.

That's an interesting combination. I just took the last 13 packs from a booster and opened Commanding Presence, Jabba, Poe Dameron, and Black One.

I've pulled one Vader out of the 3 boxes I've opened.

I bought 1 of each starter and a box, then said give me one single pack to open in the store. I opened Vader! Unbelievable first and only booster I,be opened and its mother ********** Vader!

Just cracked my first box. Got Vader, Jabba, Black one, thermal detonator, commanding presence, and one with the force for legends.

And in breaking news of the day: people try to find patterns in randomly distributed items based on extremely small sample sizes.