What stores will carry Destiny??

By dpb1298, in Star Wars: Destiny

I expect the small shops to carry the game, but unfortunately for me, they are few and far between in my area. I know I could order online, but for some reason I love picking up blisters and the like personally. So I was wondering; does anyone know if Walmart, Target, Five Below etc. will be carrying the game???

No word as of yet. I personally (WARNING WARNING This is an opinion) am not expecting to see Destiny in a big box mart until 2017.

I'm the receiver at Target and I haven't seen any boxes marked street date for December 1 yet. Certain games we do get on release day but I'm in agreement with Stone37. If I see any I'll let everyone know

I'm the receiver at Target and I haven't seen any boxes marked street date for December 1 yet. Certain games we do get on release day but I'm in agreement with Stone37. If I see any I'll let everyone know

Awesome! Thanks for this. It would be great if this game does make its way to Target, then every time my wife wants to do some shopping I can pick up a booster or two. :D

Why do people think this will be sold at big department stores???? I know after the game was introduced, one person speculated that this game "could" make it to a big store. And since then people talk likes its a fore gone conclusion that it will be.

I for one will be very pleasantly surprised if it is sold a big store, but I really dont think it will. Unless after 3-5 years of this game being a huge success, then, maybe.

Target will carry at some point. They have had x-wing, and they have an entire isle for Star Wars.

This is more casual than x-wing, and there for more kid friendly. Would expect to see them in Target.

Target had X-Wing!!??! Wow, not here in Canada. I am jealous.

X-wing was carried at chapters/indigo and McNally Robinson book stores in Canada, but u have never seen a CCG in those stores before.

As for big box I would be shocked to see it at say Walmart at least not for a few more years, to much stock toed up before you know your product will move in a wider consumer group.

Edited by Icelom

Why do people think this will be sold at big department stores???? I know after the game was introduced, one person speculated that this game "could" make it to a big store. And since then people talk likes its a fore gone conclusion that it will be.

I for one will be very pleasantly surprised if it is sold a big store, but I really dont think it will. Unless after 3-5 years of this game being a huge success, then, maybe.

Because many successful collectible games have a big box presence. And FFG/Asmodee want to compete with Magic/Pokémon/etc. And because... Disney wants all the money of everyone ever.

Target had basically nothing in Canada that's why they failed. Went to target twice both times they had no stock of what I wanted... After that I just went to Walmart. Had to be one of the worst attempts at launching a store.

X-wing was carried at chapters/indigo and McNally Robinson book stores in Canada, but u have never seen a CCG in those stores before.

As for big box I would be shocked to see it at say Walmart at least not for a few more years, to much stock toed up before you know your product will move in a wider consumer group.

Force of Will started seeing boosters in Wal Mart last year, and the game was out for about 6-8 months by that point (outside of Japan). If the company producing the game wants it in big box stores, it will be there.

Edited by Crabhand

I expect Star Wars Destiny will be in the card aisle (that's just at the end of all the cash registers) where the MtG/Pokémon/Force of Will/Sports cards will be. They used to carry the Star Wars pocket model thingy-ma-bobber and they still carry the core set of X-Wing (but that's in the board game section).

~D

Target is also carrying the Dragonball Z card game. I haven't seen any boxes yet but will ask the vendor in charge of the CCGs if Target will carry it.

I think in one of the interviews I heard with Lukas he mentioned part of the reason they made it collectible was so that it could compete with Magic and Pokémon etc., in which case I'm guessing and hoping it will show up at Target eventually. Doesn't hurt that my wife manages a Starbucks inside a Target, so I'll be able to use her employee discount. XD

I think Lukas said in the Knights of Ren podcast that they wanted to get it into the mass market retailers like Target