Mind Control, Drakon and you

By jhilahd ~ Skotos, in Drakon

So I got my family to play this last night, and included another neighborhood teen(5 total) for a few games of Drakon.

My daughter and I had already played it during the holidays and had a blast.

But, we had something come up that caused a bit of tension on the table.

A Mindcontrol chamber was placed, and my Wife entered the chamber. On her turn, she MC'd me into an adjacent room that was the Drakon Chamber.

The rule for Mind Control is that " This action occurs as soon as your hero enters the chamber." Move an opponent's hero one legal move, following tile effects normally. After you move the hero, the opponent must follow the instructions of the chamber on which his or her hero is now standing.

I argued that yes, she mind controled me into that room, but I could control Drakon. My reasoning was that since I must follow the instructions of the chamber . The rules don't say I must follow the rules of the instruction of the chamber and she then controls those actions.

She argued that it was part of the power of the Mind control since she was still in effect, playing her turn, controling my actions.

I can see both sides but just want some clarifications in case I use this strategy against her. I loved the strategy she used, as it put the hurt on me. :D

YOU are right, your woman is WRONG, you should teach her that the man is always right at games, especially when it is about wining.

Ok, lame jokes aside, you are still right : the mind control is about putting someone into bad situation, so you definitely would not use that tile to put someone in a positively powerful chamber ! what your woman exactly did ! you put someone into "loose a coin" or near a harp chamber... but not in a "control the dragon" chamber ! Your woman just tried to impress you to win :) boooh, the bad looser !

Mind control works only for the movement, i think. so your wife can force you to go in the Drakon room, but you have the total control of your action into that tile.

I concur with the others. I think the text is quite clear when it says " the opponent must now follow the instructions on that tile." She puts you on the tile, you make any decisions related to that tile once you get there.