The Best Defense ( question )

By Reactor Terminal, in Star Wars: Destiny

Alrighty then...

The Best Defense:

Deal one of your Red characters 3 damage to remove up to 2 of an opponent's dice.

Say I have a red character with 1 health left and I play this card...

Since excess damage is ignored...would the card have no effect after playing it?

Or would the 3 damage still be considered dealt to that character and therefore be able to remove my opponent's dice?

Thanks!

Thanks!

RR Page 19: Damage not taken is still dealt.

Best Defense will satisfy the damage dealt requirement even if your character has shields, or is killed by the damage, even if they didn't have enough HP left to take all the damage.

The situation in your example is about the only time I would play this card. When I'm about to lose one of my characters anyway, it can at least prevent another character from taking a couple points of damage.

The situation in your example is about the only time I would play this card. When I'm about to lose one of my characters anyway, it can at least prevent another character from taking a couple points of damage.

There are more then a few common situations in which removing 2 dice will save you more then the 3 damage you've done yourself.

There are more then a few common situations in which removing 2 dice will save you more then the 3 damage you've done yourself.

Totally agree!

Hell, even if if those two dice had a total of 3 damage symbols It would still be a good play, because you get to choose wich one of your (red) characters takes the damage. Hmm let's see, put 3 damage on my fresh storm trooper or let my opponent finish off my heavily wounded General Grievous...

And then there's the obvious, take 3 damage to remove 5 damage showing, taking damage on a charater with shields to remove unblockable damage, and removing dice with powerfull discard abilities (Milenium Falcon, etc.) that can mean the end if your deck/hand are almost empty.