Card colour for defeated characters

By BigCookBen, in Star Wars: Destiny

Hi,

Sorry I have tried to look through rules and can see the deck building restrictions due to colour, but couldn't see what happens should a character be defeated.

If I have a red and blue character and therefore red and blue event, support etc cards in my deck.....if my red character is defeated, am I no longer able to use the red supports that I may have on my hand?

Thanks for your help.

Consult the RRG (Rules Reference Guide) for clarification on these issues.

You can play any card at any time unless it says "Spot a (color) character". Those cards, you need to have that color of character actively in play.

Otherwise, the only thing your character colors influence is deck building.

If you have a blue character and a red character, one or the other dying has no effect except preventing you from spotting that color of character.

DEFEATED CHARACTERS p15:
When a character has damage on it equal to its health, it is immediately defeated. Remove all of its dice from the game (both its character dice and its upgrades), discard all upgrades on it, and remove the character card from the game.
bullet.jpg Any excess damage dealt to a character from a source that defeats the character is ignored.
bullet.jpg When all of a player’s characters are defeated, they lose.

SPOTTING p19:
Some cards require a player to spot a specific game element in order to use its ability. To spot an element, a player must have that element in play. Most cards just require a player to spot a character of a specific color.

Example: Use the Force (#149) says “Spot a Blue character to turn a die to any side” You must have an undefeated Blue character on your team, or the card does nothing.
bullet.jpg A player cannot spot their opponents’ characters or cards, unless the card explicitly says so.
bullet.jpg If a player is not able to spot the required element, then the card does nothing.

So if the blue character was defeated it would be removed from the game and you could no longer spot a blue character or play a card that require a blue character.