How to get all the CORE set cards?

By Dainank, in General Discussion

Are there any other methods to get the core set cards without purchasing the base core set 2+ times?

Thank You!

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Maybe you could assemble a full playset of all Core Set cards by buying subsets off of EBay but you'd spend more than 3 Cores' worth of money. Realistically 3 core sets is a great buy as the extra copies of staple Econ cards enable you to build multiple decks.

Blatantly self serving answer: I don't get the chance to play anymore and I'll sell you 3 Core sets, the Westeros Cycle, and Wolves of the North for $150.

Take that offer!

There are only six wasted cards and a token per box, and the extra gold/power tokens are nice for multiplayer (melee). Buying the complete boxes is the best deal from any source.

Edited by evilidler

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Maybe you could assemble a full playset of all Core Set cards by buying subsets off of EBay but you'd spend more than 3 Cores' worth of money. Realistically 3 core sets is a great buy as the extra copies of staple Econ cards enable you to build multiple decks.

Blatantly self serving answer: I don't get the chance to play anymore and I'll sell you 3 Core sets, the Westeros Cycle, and Wolves of the North for $150.

Sorry, I live in Europe and am only 17 (I still need my parents consent for something like this, and that would be tough). But thanks for the offer and advice!

Get a core, wish for another for xmas. Fun right there. Save up for the deluxe sets (only two so far - next one most likely 2-3 months out) plus another core and you're doing alright. When richer, fill up on cycles.

You can still get the core here for under $30 with shipping, if other options aren't workable: http://www.bookdepository.com/Game-of-Thrones-Fantasy-Flight-Games/9781633441903?ref=grid-view

Edited by evilidler

Get a core, wish for another for xmas. Fun right there. Save up for the deluxe sets (only two so far - next one most likely 2-3 months out) plus another core and you're doing alright. When richer, fill up on cycles.

You can still get the core here for under $30 with shipping, if other options aren't workable: http://www.bookdepository.com/Game-of-Thrones-Fantasy-Flight-Games/9781633441903?ref=grid-view

I was also wondering what it is like playing casually with the lack of core cards. Does it make it impossible to create new decks even if you have some deluxes and cycles? Basically, is 3x core set only needed if you want to play for tournaments or other competitive games?

Thx!

you can play casually with one core set. For competitive play you'd need a minimum of two, with a third almost essential too. You'll feel the constraint in drawing the key characters you want, when they're needed. You also won't be able to play anything but Banner agendas until your collection grows substantially, and you won't have many choices to make when deckbuilding.

I think even casual is only fine with two cores or a core and every deluxe set you can muster (only valid for two factions as of yet). It's playable enough to get a taste of it with one box, but as Grimwalker said it's limited. You could try playing with half-decks at 30 cards until you have more expansions though. Maybe some loss/victory conditions need adjusting too (less power needed, and/or allow reshuffling), but it should be playable.

Like everybody says, LCGs are an investment :/

just nowhere near that of any collectible game like MTG or Clix.

just nowhere near that of any collectible game like MTG or Clix.

Of course :)

Alright. thx everyone for the advice (: