Singles pricing.

By Runnestrand, in Star Wars: Destiny

Zoo wee mama! Are you guys seeing what people are selling some stuff for on eBay?

Vader for 70 bucks. Phasma for 25. Crime Lord for 35!

Those are actually completed auctions, not "best offer accepted" or asking prices.

If this continues for a couple more weeks, it looks like I'll be cracking my boxes, selling the Legendaries, and using the money to buy more boxes!

That's to be expected right now, when the number of cards in circulation is tiny and the full release is still to come. Prices should drop rapidly once Awakenings is in stores in quantity and the secondary market really takes off.

I just can't see that continuing. No way. Prices will eventually adjust downward when more are in circulation, it just remains to be seen how much. I'm also interested in seeing what sites like CSI set the singles at initially.

If you're willing to spend that much on a Vader, just buy a box for slightly more and take your chances.

I got a laugh out of seeing a listing for two BB8s for $25. Good luck with that. Same with anybody trying to sell commons for a couple of bucks apiece.

I agree that the market cannot sustain prices like these, I was just shocked to see anyone dropping such cash on singles for a game that isn't even out yet. "I got it first!" might seem cool for a few days until everyone else in the world has access to them.

The new Arkham Horror card game had a promo card set released only to attendees of their Arkham Nights event in MN. People sold those on eBay for $100 -- literally two days later, FFG had them available from their webstore for $15. It's just excitement of getting it first, but I'd say for most people, a couple weeks of patience is worth $85.

Welcome to the moment where demand is highest and supply is lowest.

Once this game hits retail like Target and Walmart, those prices will drop hard. It's also a Star Wars product, which means it'll see high production numbers - more product out there means more competition for pricing. People paying $30+ for one card and die will be kicking themselves when they see the same price for a playset of the same cards and dice by mid-Dec.

Once this game hits retail like Target and Walmart, those prices will drop hard. It's also a Star Wars product, which means it'll see high production numbers - more product out there means more competition for pricing. People paying $30+ for one card and die will be kicking themselves when they see the same price for a playset of the same cards and dice by mid-Dec.

But until then Veronica Salt says:

Screen-Shot-2013-06-28-at-1.38.01-PM.png

I expect things like Vader, Poe, Han, and potentially Crime Lord will stay high due to how strong they are.

I'm guessing that right now unopened boosters and starter sets would sell for way over retail since they are sold out. It's not surprising that the rarest cards would sell for ridiculous prices.

I expect things like Vader, Poe, Han, and potentially Crime Lord will stay high due to how strong they are.

It really depends on how rare they are though. If all legendary cards are the same rarity, I think there really won't be a big secondary market for them. At least for this first wave it seems like you have a good shot of getting them.

If the singles in a box are worth more than a box, people will open more boxes, until that is no longer the case. Supply and demand and CCGs yay!

It really depends on how rare they are though. If all legendary cards are the same rarity, I think there really won't be a big secondary market for them. At least for this first wave it seems like you have a good shot of getting them.

Doesn't it also matter how good they are as well? Only people looking for two of every card are going to be buying crappy Legendaries while everyone will be looking to get their hands on a good Legendary that ends up being needed in a few different netlists.

I pulled a Vader from a pack during the pre-release event. I'm seriously considering throwing it up on eBay. 70 USD is a strong pull. At full retail, that's like trading the card for 23 packs. In my mind, that's a no brainer. eBay just feels like so much work though.

I pulled a Vader from a pack during the pre-release event. I'm seriously considering throwing it up on eBay. 70 USD is a strong pull. At full retail, that's like trading the card for 23 packs. In my mind, that's a no brainer. eBay just feels like so much work though.

You won't regret it when you buy 23 packs and pull another Vader.

Don´t worry yet. the prices will drop with the release of the game...

however it will be interesting to see how prices will develop over time when the game is released. Star Wars is a huge seller and we don´t know how much FFG has printed... If the game sells out fast we could see another spike in single card prices... Sure the set will get reprinted then, but if the game turns out to be a huge success it remains to be seen how long FFG reprints the first set. I would guess as soon as the second starter set sees its release we won´t get any awakening reprints.. then there is money to be made mainly on tournament winning legendaries.