New Player deckbuilding

By LukasKain, in Deck Building

Hey guys, I've been wanting to get into all this, but I was hoping for some advice on something first. I am just wondering how many core sets and which expansions would be most ideal for someone who wanted to make a decent deck for each faction. They wouldn't need to be of tournament-winning quality, quite honestly I'd be content with them being just of causal, but balanced content. Something that gives a good snap shot of the faction. I do realize it would be far more ideal to build a couple good decks rather than one of each, but that's just what I'm looking for out of this.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide me.

~Lukas

3 Core Sets would be enough to make such a deck, with cards left over.

Thank you, but I'm looking to make one for each of the eight factions, so eight in total. I'm just wondering if there are expansions which would be of great help in this endeavor. Which would be most ideal if purchasing them all wasn't an option, because that's a lot to jump in on. I realize this is a big question, so the advice can be general. I figured 3 cores would be a great start, but that's an uneven number of Roseroad and Kingsroad, and I know someone asked this fairly recently, but I'm looking at expanding on what was discussed there. I'm willing to get a few expansions, I just wonder which would be of greatest benefit.

Are you going to proxy cards?

3 core sets get you atvleast 3 of each card. The issue is that you need thoretically 24 of the neutral cards (rose road, kings road, Milk). Another thing to consider buying are the draft starter packs after you get the 4th starter. That comes with 3 of eack of the roads and someothwr cards like rattleahirt raiders for $5.