New to this edition of RT...

By monkhmer, in Rogue Trader House Rules

Hey all, I've been waiting a long time for this new edition of RT. I also have Dark Heresy and quite a bit of Inquisitor. I want to begin mixing Inquisitor in with RT and DH.

Specifically (for this post anyway) I'd like suggestions on Lightning Claws, Arco-Flagellants, Wyrd Psykers, and several bits of bionics/biological implants from Inquisitor like glands which produce combat drugs and bionic brains.

Also, some rules for other races like diversifying the Eldar and introducing Chaos and Genestealers (although these might be in DH already).

Thanks much.

Inquisitors Handbook

Radicals Handbook

Creatures Anathema

Those books should cover all your questions.

You could also derive a wealth of inspiration from the Inquisitor rules (and supplements) which last I checked were still free online at GW's site.

I believe the Inquisitor community is still 'sortof active' over on The Conclave . I haven't perused for a few weeks, but I'm sure there's more'n a couple about (inluding here's N0-1_H3R3, IIRC) who still frequent it.

That said, the OP raises some good questions. Drug glands, lightning claws and arco-flagellants are pretty compelling bits. I'll have a look at rulin' 'em up myself at somepoint. (Having a small contingent of arco-flagellants would be quite a compelling acquisition for Missionaries.)

I believe Inquistitor had an entire supplement devoted to Arco-Flagellants.

Now remember, INQ and RT are both % based systems. Also, a lot of the weapons damages are virtually identical. The good news is this makes INQ stuff easy, easy, easy to convert to RT. The bad news is that you really can't forget about balance, as an INQ Rogue Trader will easily take out an entire RT party, as INQ straight crossovers are WAY too powerful. I.E. a typical INQ character might have a BS in the 75% range.

Actually, I think a combat Cherub would be more than a match for most RT characters...

But I can't recommend the INQ stuff highly enough. As a game it had problems, but the background material is really first-rate and a lot of it was written by actual GW designers like Andy and Jervis.

I agree Inquisitor is pretty cool. I have been attempting a kludge of DH, RT, RT 40k, and Inq lately. I really really love the 40k milieu but can't find the right balance between nerf-tastic and badass.

They're even rules for the Obliterator virus in Inquisitor! Definitely worth a look.

So far the biggest mechanic hurdle between incorporating the systems seems to be the "Unnatural Attribute" device.

If anyone else is attempting a similar kludge please let me know and let's keep this discussion active.

monkhmer said:

Hey all, I've been waiting a long time for this new edition of RT. I also have Dark Heresy and quite a bit of Inquisitor. I want to begin mixing Inquisitor in with RT and DH.

Specifically (for this post anyway) I'd like suggestions on Lightning Claws, Arco-Flagellants, Wyrd Psykers, and several bits of bionics/biological implants from Inquisitor like glands which produce combat drugs and bionic brains.

Also, some rules for other races like diversifying the Eldar and introducing Chaos and Genestealers (although these might be in DH already).

Thanks much.

I can't help you much with converting, but if you've got the money and want to save yourself some work, several items you've listed have already been given the RT/DH treatment.

Arco-Flagellants- DH: Disciples of the Dark Gods

Wyrd Psykers- there's several ways of approaching this from a simple NPC mutant with the Wyrdling mutation (RT pg 369 and 371, or any NPC template really) to using the rules for a Nascent Psyker from DH: Inquisitors Handbook. Personally, I think the wyrdling mutation should adequately cover a wyrd psyker ;-)

Chem-Glands- DH: Inquisitors Handbook

or Injection Rig- DH: Inquisitors Handbook

Bionic Brain (Cortex Implant and/or Right of Pure Thought)- RT: Core Book pg 105 and 149

More Eldar (Ranger and Dire Avengers at least)- DH: Creatures Anathema

Chaos (er, daemons? cultists? CSMs?)- The first two can be found in abundance in DH: Core Book, Creatures Anathema, Disciples of the Dark Gods and, to an extent, the Radicals Handbook. The last would need some homebrewing.

Eh, sorry for not being all that helpful, though, with weapon profiles, the conversion should be fairly easy as most Inquisitor weapons utilize a 2d6 damage roll while DH/RT use 1d10 so the number range is close enough. You'd just need to compare the regular base damage values of weapons already in RT vs their counterparts in Inquisitor to figure out how they match up to figure out the rest.

Edit: oh, and Genestealers (and licters)- DH: Creatures Anathema

monkhmer said:

I agree Inquisitor is pretty cool. I have been attempting a kludge of DH, RT, RT 40k, and Inq lately. I really really love the 40k milieu but can't find the right balance between nerf-tastic and badass.

They're even rules for the Obliterator virus in Inquisitor! Definitely worth a look.

So far the biggest mechanic hurdle between incorporating the systems seems to be the "Unnatural Attribute" device.

If anyone else is attempting a similar kludge please let me know and let's keep this discussion active.

I actually converted BFG to "INQ". It's not a bad system if I do say so myself but it's a bit more complicated than RT. I'll be kind to my players and stick to the RT system (for the most part).

At first I allowed my players to basically convert their INQ characters to DH. Too uber. The only way I could challenge them was to give all the bad guys Melta-guns.

I've thought about what to do for Lightning Claws, since my RT is planning on trying to find a pair, and the best rules I have come up with is really just a power sword with Tearing replacing Parry. If worn in a pair (and have Two-Weapon Wielder: Melee) you can subtract -10 from the off-hand penalty, allowing you to get a +0 if you also have Ambidexterity.