Loving Destiny so far!

By Crabbok, in Star Wars: Destiny

Pre Release day! Got only 1 starter and only a few boosters today, as the quantities were very limited, but the game looks and feels awesome! Got some videos up on my youtube channel with more on the way if you are interested... but yeah it's great!

How many of you were able to get what you wanted today or this weekend? (In case you are reading this after Friday).

Nice Legendary pull of Crime Lord! In fact you got a ton of great Yellow cards!

I picked up n Rey starter and the event max of 6 boosters. Managed 2 legendaries in my alloted 6 boosters #destinyflippers

Even with limited dice and cards (I had to use all my hero/neutral cards) the "intro" games were great fast fun! This game is really well designed.

Was great seeing you today!

I was happy to walk out with 1 of each starter and 10 boosters. I opened two legendary cards (Han and Thermal detonator), but my favorite card has been Jango Fett.

My wife, to my surprise, took to the hero deck and has built a Ray, Finn, and Padawan deck.

Hoping to get more boosters tomorrow. We're loving the game!

I love the game, however, I didn't have the luck of the boosters and ended up with only the two characters of the starter and only 11 cards I could put into a deck with the starter stuff, on the bright side, I got Kylo's LightSaber

Loving it too!

I was able to get both starters and 8 boosters..... NO purples.

I plan on buying 2 boosters each week when it is fully released- I hope I can get a killer deck before the next "set" comes out. I really wanna play tournaments because of the fast paced action this game has.

Excellent launch party got me 10 boosters and leia amidala qui gon twice excellent pull however the best luck was that a personen bought 6 boosters de idee over 2 boxes and ende up with elite vader and tournaments are being rumoured to be run by the store

Excellent launch party got me 10 boosters and leia amidala qui gon twice excellent pull however the best luck was that a personen bought 6 boosters de idee over 2 boxes and ende up with elite vader and tournaments are being rumoured to be run by the store

With Leia, amidala, and elite qui gon you have some good options. Rainbow deck? I like that, not sure if you can do it points wise though

Yup, it is really awesome. Easy to get into and I think it has a lot of depth - already have tons of ideas for multiple decks.

For our launch event (Groningen - The Netherlands) there was one starter plus 2 boosters available for each participant.

My boosters contained a Crime Lord (legendary :D ) and a DL-44 Heavy blaster pistol.

Enjoyed the launch party tremendously. Most games were very tight which added to the fun.

For our launch event (Groningen - The Netherlands) there was one starter plus 2 boosters available for each participant.

My boosters contained a Crime Lord (legendary :D ) and a DL-44 Heavy blaster pistol.

Enjoyed the launch party tremendously. Most games were very tight which added to the fun.

That's read you all knew how to play already. We are varied experience levels tonight, so our launch party here in California

is probably going to be a bit more relaxed and explorative. Greatly looking forward to it, however.

Edited by Blutsteigen

That's read you all knew how to play already. We are varied experience levels tonight, so our launch party here in California

is probably going to be a bit more relaxed and explorative. Greatly looking forward to it, however.

I saw two videos (FFG and Team Covenant) on youtube which teach the game pretty good. So we generally knew how to play, although I made enough mistakes during our rounds.

We decided not to use the cards from the boosters in our starter decks to keep things balanced. A few players would have been able to add 6 or 7 cards to their decks, while others had only one card from their 2 boosters to add to the deck due to rules and regulations. I had 7 red cards but no red character, and 2 yellow villain cards which are not allowed in a hero deck.

In our experience the starters were pretty evenly balanced.

Went to a launch event that was sold out of product and then swung by another store that wasn't having an event but was selling bundles (1 start + 4 boosters + all promos) that still had plenty of product.

I got in a few games with just the boosters and am really liking the way that it plays so far. I really enjoy the way the machanica of the dice and cards interact. If it wasn't collectible I'd probably be all in on it. As it is, I'll probably just end up dabbling.

Edited by WWHSD

I was happy to walk out with 1 of each starter and 10 boosters. I opened two legendary cards (Han and Thermal detonator), but my favorite card has been Jango Fett.

My wife, to my surprise, took to the hero deck and has built a Ray, Finn, and Padawan deck.

Thanks for teaching me how to play as well!

Ended up not getting any more boosters this weekend - very busy weekend for me, but now I'm very anxious for December!

Thanks for teaching me how to play as well!

Ended up not getting any more boosters this weekend - very busy weekend for me, but now I'm very anxious for December!

Same here. Too busy to go to any other events on Sunday. I've already got Dec. 1st marked in my calendar!