I know its launch weekend; but is the game out?

By Mike1977, in Star Wars: Destiny

?

No, these are pre-release events. Official release is December 1st.

I'm hoping to find a decent stock this morning when I head over to my first event in just a few hours.

I'm hoping to find a decent stock this morning when I head over to my first event in just a few hours.

Decent stock is probably just the event kit.

12 Ray Starters

12 Kylo Starters

4 boxes of boosters

Event goodies.

Most stores are limiting boosters to 6 per attendee and if there are extras late in the event they will sell them.

My son and I are going so we will get one of each starter and 12 boosters. That will be enough to get us to December 1st. That said if extras go up for sale I'll raise my hand.

Some retailers have absolutely been telling costumers that they will have essentially product to sell in earnest this weekend. I'm talking come on in and pick up booster boxes level of stock. Now they are having to walk back from that upon realizing that they aren't going to be getting a dozen kits and this is suppose to be a fairly limited preview event.

This was a big misunderstanding for me. I was really irritated that I didn't read the information closely enough. I was planning on booster box this weekend and crafting decks and all this stuff and the store told me pre-release. Sad panda for sure. Will get ahold of as many boosters as my store will permit!

One local store had their event start at 11:00 AM. By 10:30, they had enough people lined up outside that all their stock was spoken for. So I think I'm just going to wait until the game is actually released and not have to fight people for it.

Were you at CSI Waterford?

No but I heard about it.

And then I experienced it at CSI Maitland; waited in line for about twenty minutes with maybe 25 people in front of me and they ran out of product with about ten people still ahead of me.