New player in Maryland looking to play!

By player723314, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Hi, I am a newcomer interested in learning and playing this game. I live in Laurel, MD directly btw DC and Baltimore, and have played in Glen Burnie in the past.

I am a CCG/CMG refugee who is new to FFG and LCG's as a whole. I also am getting into Warhammer: Invasion as well.

I have read and really enjoyed George R Martin's books so the theme definitely interests me as well as good game mechanics as well.

I am 38 years old, married with no kids and enjoy casual gaming as well as the occasional tournament.

Please let me know if you are interested in playing,

Thanks

Its a shame the Glen burnie guys moved/stopped playing. i forget the name of the store but the glen burnie store is a good place to go and aks around a bit.

there is also the DC guys who have some info here . Send a friend request to the author of that post or check here for e-mail info for the author and another player from DC, Twn2nd.

Hey, thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check those out!

I also really like the store in Glen Burnie and used to play games there as well!

Welcome! (Sorry to respond so slowly...the holidays have kept me pretty busy.) Glad to see your looking into the game. It sounds like Erick (Finite) already sent you an email. Any other questions I can answer?

Thanks for the welcome I look forward to joining the local community!

Right now I only have the Core set and a couple chapter packs but I have more coming soon. I have only started thinking about Deck construction but since I haven't actually played the game yet it is hard.

I would appreciate any basic game/deck building advice you guys may have, especially as to how many of each card type should be in a deck, best beginner deck types(aggro, control, ect.), basic beginner strategy.

Thanks

Hi I bought the core set and i'm looking for people to play with. I live in the Silver Spring area.

AlphaMav said:

Hi I bought the core set and i'm looking for people to play with. I live in the Silver Spring area.

Silver Springs isn't so far away (I'm in Catonsville). When and where do you usually play?

Erick should be a good contact for the DC Meta. I am in Alexandria, VA myself and would be happy to meet up to play. In fact, I recently just bought a 4th Core Set for the sole purpose of introducing new players to the game with "balanced and simpler" decks. Feel free to contact me at: svartey[at]yahoo[dot]com.

In fact, there is a DC regional on June 9 at Labyrinth store in DC. If you stop by (or even better, participate in the tournament=), you will be able to meet and play most of the players from DC/MD/VA area.