Dark Heresy Demo Adventure

By Drubbels, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

I might be running a standalone demo session of DH2 for a couple of people* at my FLGS sometime soon, and I'm wondering what adventure to use. I suppose I could write my own, but I'd also like some opinions on which published adventures would be appropriate. My regular group and I had a good time with the DH1 adventures Edge of Darkness and Illumination (which I suppose could be adapted to DH2 without much trouble), but I'm not certain whether either of them could be crammed into a 3-4 hour session. Is Dark Pursuits any good?

One advantage I do have (in terms of speed of play) is that the players will control pre-generated, starting-level characters. This means I can optimize them ahead of time to be easy to understand and use, and in any case they won't be overloaded with complicated Talents.

*Some experienced RPG players, some not so much. Most will probably have passing knowledge of the 40k setting, but I can't be certain of that.

If it's a one off I'd go Seeds of Heresy.

But if you think the group might pick it back up I'd go Dark Pursuits that way you can do the GM booklet one and work into Forgotten Gods if it keeps going further.

Hi Drubbels,

I have run something that was based on "Dark Pursuits", but found it wanting. The characters move from Encounter A to Encounter B and that´s it. At least, that is what I remember.

Sadly, there are not to many options in regard to published DH2nd adventures. Do you own "Damned Cities" from the DH1 Haarlock Trilogy? It could be turned into a stand-alone adventure rather easily, but you would need to adept it to DH2.

Otherwise, you might want to check out "Idle Heresies" , a DH1st scenario contest winner (and thereby: a freebee). It should be easy to adapt it to Hive Deloseum, so that you could run "Dark Pursuits" in the aftermath.

The RT demo-adventure "Forsaken Bounty" could be adapted to DH as well: just change the set-up so that the RT is taking the characters along to remain in good standing with =I=. The characters are tasked with the recovery of an item that was in the possession of the Captain ("the Wyrm")....