KoR Let’s Discuss: Force Protection

By thesug1, in Star Wars: Destiny

swd03_force-protection.png

Hey Destiny fans, Rick here to close out Blue week with some discussion on the new toys spoiled in FFGs most recent article. Hero Blue was given some pretty decent tools to help push the defensive strategy that has been trickling through. First up is Force Protection: This 3 cost ability upgrade brings with it a modest die of 1 Disrupt, 1 Discard, 1 Resource, Special, Special, and a Blank. Looking at the die alone, Force Protection is not winning any awards in cost effectiveness. Low value disruption is not what you want to see in a relatively high cost upgrade. Where this upgrade shines is in it’s special, which reads “Give 3 shields to your characters, distributed as you wish”. The ability to split the shields to multiple characters is great addition over just having a 3 Shield side on the die. Often times when playing with heavy shield value dice such as QuiGon and One With the Force, I’ve found myself in situations were I need to make the decision of whether or not I want to shield up the character that is being focused on by my opponent and waste an extra shield, or get full value on someone else. Granted, QuiGon can usually make use of the “overflow” shield, but not always if this was just a 3 Shield side...

https://teamcovenant.com/star-wars-destiny/kor-lets-discuss-force-protection