Cunning, or how good is it

By Schyzo Kitty, in Star Wars: Destiny

So I was looking through the yellow cards, which are the ones I'm most excited about (give us Jabba preview finally!), and came across Cunning. Now am I right or the ability of that card can be pretty broken?

From what I understand from the card, you could bomb the enemy with an Infantry grenade or get a card on the board with a Sith holocron that you don't have. I'm calling dibs and shenanigans!

That appears to be the case. Yellow is my colour too. It really looks like a strong card to me, and it's neutral so any yellow character can use it.

Cunning is a strong card. But its strength really depends on what cards are on the field.

Cunning is a strong card. But its strength really depends on what cards are on the field.

It only has one special side and no damage sides for 2 resources. I'm not sure it's as good as many other 2 cost upgrades.

It only has one special side and no damage sides for 2 resources. I'm not sure it's as good as many other 2 cost upgrades.

It's good to splash in against certain cards, but I do not believe it's an auto 2x pick for every Yellow deck. It will have it's place though. But the power from Cunning relies on what cards you and your opponent have out on the field. It does combo well with Thermal Detonator and Infantry Grenades though.

Cunning is the card needed for eFinn and Poe.

It is a really strong card, but generally you want a character that you can use it on, anything else is a bonus.

I picture using it on your opponents AT-ST. Or mind probe, with holocron, thermal detenator, what ever. Mid game there are usually numerous specials on the board, you can take your pick, very versatile.

I think it'll be the target of dice removal though, freeing up your other dice in play. I will play this if I get it.

KoR podcast had Lucas talk about Cunning, with some rules that should be in the final document:
1) Yes, you can blow up your opponent's own Thermal Detonator to hurt them.
2) No, you can not activate your opponent's Sith Holocron, because there will be a rule in the final documentation that prevents cards from entering decks/hands of anyone but their owner, so you can't "switch" the Holocron for an Upgrade from your hand, because the Holocron can't enter your hand.

I built a mill deck with cunning on padme

To use cunning does the opponent first have to roll the special symbol?

Or do cards only have to be in play and it doesn't matter if the card is exhausted or the die is showing a different symbol.

Can you use this ability on your own cards as well? The last part that says "as if it were your card" made me question it a bit.

Can you use this ability on your own cards as well? The last part that says "as if it were your card" made me question it a bit.

Yes. It includes that text just in case you wish to use an opponent's card.

The text means much more than that. It means that you fully resolve the card as if were your own. This would include things such as discarding the card it's their Thermal Detonator or their Infantry Grenade (nasty), or an opponent's Gaffi Stick only being able to remove dice belonging to you (ie you can't use their Gaffi Stick and then remove their dice with it). All instances of "opponent" on your opponent's cards now refer to him instead of you. Etc.

I absolutely LOVE Cunning. The ability to copy something else is awesome, being able to copy something different - and from your opponent - every time is just insane. The flexibility you get when you hit that special is incredible.

Cunning is amazing because of it's versatility. It is good against every deck - it is a counter to almost anything.

Am I correct that Sith Holocron is the only card that cannot be "replicate" by Cunning?

Yes that is correct, and it was answered in a more complete way if you scroll up just an eensy bit.