Rapid Mobilization Scenario

By spawn98c, in Star Wars: Rebellion

I have a scenario with regards to Rapid Mobilization and winning the game.

I was playing as the Empire. I had revealed the Rebel base and had destroyed all of the units except a snow speeder. Command phase ended. Did the Refresh Phase and the Assignement phase. At the beginning of the next Command Phase the Rebel played the Rapid Mobilization card first. The card is a resolve card but it is resolved at the END of the Command Phase. I still had ground units and wanted to destroy the snow speeder to wipe the Rebels final unit at his Rebel Base and end the game. Rebel player said it didn't matter because he had already played the Rapid Mobilization card.

So which is right. Is the card still in play even if the Rebel player has no units at the end of the Command Phase?

Side note - This game is awesome.

As soon as Imps have units in the Rebel Base with no Rebel units in the same system, they win. This is what makes Rapid mobilization a game changer instead of a game breaker.

That said, there have to be NO Rebel units in the system. So, if the Reb player can win EITHER theatre, Rapid Mobilization with then fire at the end of the phase, (hopefully, as the Imp player, you will have enough coverage that you will know where he is going and have units on hand to get "boots on the ground" in that system). Good luck with that part. Almost every game I have lost was due to the fact that even tho I knew where the Rebs were going, (two MAYBE three options), I didn't have troops close enough to get there in time.

So which is right. Is the card still in play even if the Rebel player has no units at the end of the Command Phase?

Regardless if the card is played at the beginning of the round, it's effect is resolved at the end of it, so if you as the Empire destroy all his units in the current Base, you win the game, as the base is still there.

If the card worked as the Rebel player told you, then there will be no sense that the card explicitly says that you must resolve it at the end of the phase

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

As soon as Imps have units in the Rebel Base with no Rebel units in the same system, they win. This is what makes Rapid mobilization a game changer instead of a game breaker.

That said, there have to be NO Rebel units in the system. So, if the Reb player can win EITHER theatre, Rapid Mobilization with then fire at the end of the phase, (hopefully, as the Imp player, you will have enough coverage that you will know where he is going and have units on hand to get "boots on the ground" in that system). Good luck with that part. Almost every game I have lost was due to the fact that even tho I knew where the Rebs were going, (two MAYBE three options), I didn't have troops close enough to get there in time.

I thought the same thing. That if the Imperials are able to destroy all the Rebel units before the Rapid Mobilization card can be resolved at the end of the Command Phase then the game is over and the Imperials win.

I thought the same thing. That if the Imperials are able to destroy all the Rebel units before the Rapid Mobilization card can be resolved at the end of the Command Phase then the game is over and the Imperials win.

That is right in the rule book under winning. Hang on while i pull up the pdf. Yup, page 11, winning the game.

"The Imperial player immediately wins the game if he conquers the Rebel base’s system (e.g., there is an Imperial unit in the system and there are no Rebel units). This is such a major setback to the Rebellion that it ensures Imperial dominance."

The card is a resolve card but it is resolved at the END of the Command Phase.

There's your answer right there.

The Rebel Base stays right where it is until the end of the command phase- so, if you manage to take it before then, you win the game.

Your friend might have been trying to bend the rules in his favor, as it's pretty easily spelled out. :P