My painted collection of Anima figures

By Mike Broadbent, in Anima: Tactics

I hope this works!

http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp178/Mike-Broadbent/

This is all of the figures I have painted to date. They wouldn't win any competitions but they do look pretty on the table. The Saint Astraega is not an official figure but one I made for myself from the artwork.

I hope you all like them (and do be kind) gran_risa.gif

Mike

Hey, what do you know!? It works! They are on two pages by the way.

Mike

Very nice figures! Quality tabletop fare. aplauso.gif

I particularly like Saint Astrega. A lovely vibrant green. Very pretty.

Waht paints / techniques do you use?

There looks like a fair bit of colour washing on some of the figs...

A few of my historical figs can be found here, http://vidzup.com/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=1 which as you can see are put to shame by yours! happy.gif

Nice work! I really like the conversion work on Astraega. How was that done?

Sweet work on the Saint Astraega fig! Was the extra bits "green stuff" sculpts?

Thanks guys!

Nice work on those historicals Luddite. Heraldry and me don't mix! aplauso.gif

The Saint Astreaga figure is a complete sculpt; I made her from scratch using a wire armature and grey putty. I saw the artwork on another Anima site and decided that I had to have that figure right now. Of course, by the time I had finished her Cypher/FFG had the "official" figure out and I also have one of those, but you know what? I prefer mine! happy.gif Remember that my day job is sculpting figures for war gaming; so if you are reading this Cypher........... gran_risa.gif

Mike

Nice work. I hadn't even noticed that it was an original sculpt- I had assumed that just the ring of leaves/flowers was sculpted.

Thanks Bexley, I was pleased how it turned out. I am working on another at the moment but time is a little pressed.

Luddite; I mostly use Vellejo paint and Rowney inks, in fact the Shinigami Ayl figure is primed with white primer and then "stained" with ink washes, the only paint on that figure is on the base.

Mike

Mike Broadbent said:

The Saint Astreaga figure is a complete sculpt; I made her from scratch using a wire armature and grey putty. I saw the artwork on another Anima site and decided that I had to have that figure right now. Of course, by the time I had finished her Cypher/FFG had the "official" figure out and I also have one of those, but you know what? I prefer mine! happy.gif Remember that my day job is sculpting figures for war gaming; so if you are reading this Cypher........... gran_risa.gif

Mike

This is really nice - one of my favorites. Well done!!

AJC