Spoiled card images without artist info

By morifinwe, in Star Wars: Destiny

Does anyone here know why some cards has not artist info?? I'm intrigued.

Do you have examples? Perhaps they are ones with reused art. Some of the artwork is the same as some X-wing and Imperial Assault cards.

Or perhaps they no longer have contracts with those artists? I'm not sure how some of that stuff works.

Do you have examples? Perhaps they are ones with reused art. Some of the artwork is the same as some X-wing and Imperial Assault cards.

Or perhaps they no longer have contracts with those artists? I'm not sure how some of that stuff works.

This and this , for example. They are official images from FFG posts... Maybe is the latter you said, they illustrations belong now to FFG, but it's the first game when I see cards with no artist info.

I think they had an advance supply of demo cards. Perhaps on the demo cards the artist info is missing. On the actual cards in packs, the artist info will be there.

I have this guess from 2 sources. On twitch they did a demo during worlds, and when they flipped over a defeated Kylo, the backing was different. And on a team covanent video I heard a comment how the cards out of the booster were higher quality then the print on demand cards they had previously. So I'm throughing out a huge guess here and may be completely wrong.

I think they had an advance supply of demo cards. Perhaps on the demo cards the artist info is missing. On the actual cards in packs, the artist info will be there.

I have this guess from 2 sources. On twitch they did a demo during worlds, and when they flipped over a defeated Kylo, the backing was different. And on a team covanent video I heard a comment how the cards out of the booster were higher quality then the print on demand cards they had previously. So I'm throughing out a huge guess here and may be completely wrong.

Some of the recent spoiled card like "It's a trap", "Playing the odds" or "Datapad" don't have the artist info.

Maybe the illustrations were not commissioned by FFG (for this game or the other star wars line game) but belong to the pool of images property of LucasFilm/Disney.

As far as i know, FFG have always credited the artist in their LCG games....

it´s .... interesting..... My first thought was that the promo material maybe wasn´t finished had the info missing and that the printed cards we get from boosters would have that information. But my guess is that the spoilers from worlds were from opened boosters. So my guess is there is an other reason behind this.

I do not know how the art department from fantasy flight works, but I heard that in most cases for in board game development the art for a game is freelance work. So maybe one or more of the artists don´t want to be credited. there could be reasons for that.

I always thought it strange that X-wing doesn't show any artist info.