Vindicator cruiser

By dwsculpts, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

I have been working on a scratchbuild cruiser for epic games. still a work in progress

post-243320-0-88004500-1478482085_thumb.jpg

Still working on surface detail

it measures 40 inches long

post-243320-0-04248200-1478482378_thumb.jpg

Wow, this looks good, even at this early stage.

Keep us posted!

Very nice!

"Will you look at the size of that thing."

That is AWESOME!!! I think I broke my Like button.

dude that's just beautiful. earlier today I was doing a google search on scratch built star destroyers. http://www.stardestroyerproject.com/Pages/48incher.aspx check this guys work out. u might find some value in it. he etched the models surface after using a mechanical pencil for the hull plating. keep us updated on your progress. ive been considering a similar build but I don't have the space yet til I move into my new house in a few months. its got a huge basement which im gonna turn into an art studio for my oil paintings and in another corner of the space I wanna build a large light table that I can place various printed star maps onto or large ships such as this but I cant imagine doing the level of work your doing on this. u could bank on commission work bigtime doing this. Good luck with it im excited like im sure everyone else reading this thread is. :)

dude that's just beautiful. earlier today I was doing a google search on scratch built star destroyers. http://www.stardestroyerproject.com/Pages/48incher.aspx check this guys work out. u might find some value in it. he etched the models surface after using a mechanical pencil for the hull plating. keep us updated on your progress. ive been considering a similar build but I don't have the space yet til I move into my new house in a few months. its got a huge basement which im gonna turn into an art studio for my oil paintings and in another corner of the space I wanna build a large light table that I can place various printed star maps onto or large ships such as this but I cant imagine doing the level of work your doing on this. u could bank on commission work bigtime doing this. Good luck with it im excited like im sure everyone else reading this thread is. :)

I swear I saw that thing at a model contest around 5-6 years ago. Pretty freaky coincidence, but it doesn't surprise me he posted it all online.

In terms of this one, though, I'm excited to see what the end result is, especially since it's a custom design. It'd be pretty awesome to see an epic game of about 900 points, with this thing and its fighters vs. a massive Rebel strike force.

Edited by Faux Dameron

It has been a while since I worked on the cruiser. I have also built a light carrier for the Rebels for use in my HOTAC group. I have also painted a 3 x 5 gameboard for HOTAC games based on the Victory class Star Destroyers.

IMG_20191009_185740028.jpg

The board looks good!

Where are the pictures of the Rebel carrier? 😉