The Essex Express

By Network57, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

This looks like sooo much fun!

I really like idea of going from train car to train car. Also, it's interesting that the packs are still going to include level 0 player cards that far into a campaign. Looks like there is going to be a lot of beginning deckbuilding possibilities after the cycle ends.

I am very excited to see what they do with the Permanent cards. There is just so much interesting design space to play around with.

I swear I am breaking out in a rash I want this game to arrive so bad.

ARRRGH!

I don't understand what the point of I'm Outta here is. You can only resign if there is another resign card in play??? What's the point of that?!

But otherwise super cool scenario, Stand Together OP, etc.

All abord the hype express!

This looks cool. They sure are pumping out a lot of expansions right from the get-go. and thats a good thing.

All we need now is an expansion where a plane and an automobile is involved.

All we need now is an expansion where a plane and an automobile is involved.

Car of Cthulhu!

I don't understand what the point of I'm Outta here is. You can only resign if there is another resign card in play??? What's the point of that?!

I believe the point is that you can use this card to resign without being in a particular location or meeting any other requirements on the other cards with the Resign ability.

Don't you mean Car- cosa?

That charisma card is awesome being a permanent. Being able to play Dr Milan and the researcher without caring for the order of playing them is huge. More allies also means more meatshield helping hands.

I'm really stoked for this card game. I'm actually reading the complete works of H.P Lovecraft every night before I go to bed so any game that can give that experience of dread is a plus in my book. The art and flavor text of these cards is also amazing, I could look at these things all day.

I'm actually reading the complete works of H.P Lovecraft every night before I go to bed

...How late do you stay up? :huh:

I believe the point is that you can use this card to resign without being in a particular location or meeting any other requirements on the other cards with the Resign ability.

No need to bypass the epic monster guarding the exit.

Some resign abilities may have a harsh cost (resume/experience) an this card will bypass those costs.

It's not a card that will be used in the first play through.

Really liking the random setup possibilities for this one.

One thing I'm not so sure about is the following:

Among the sixty new cards in The Essex County Express , you'll find twenty-eight player cards, including four copies of a new weakness, along with a thrilling new scenario.

Four copies of a single weakness seems a bit overkill for a single Mythos pack.

Although it doesn't say that it is a basic weakness, so it would make sense if it were something that could potentially be picked up during the scenario by all players (and thus a single Mythos pack is able to run a game for any of the possible player counts).

My question is does only the player who plays Outta here get to resign or does it apply to the whole group. I love the text

My question is does only the player who plays Outta here get to resign or does it apply to the whole group. I love the text

Resign is per investigator.

I'm actually reading the complete works of H.P Lovecraft every night before I go to bed

...How late do you stay up? :huh:

Normally up till one in the morning during the week.

I'm a bit sad.

If FFG would have cooperated ;) with Chaosium; Horror on the Oruent Express would have been a great campaign.

(Travelling across Europe, great scenary!!)

I guess they have taken some inspiration from there & from Agatha, of course. :D

The only thing I'm not sure of is having to collect all the clues before being able to access the next location, kind of makes it seem like all the investigators will be stuck in the same location the whole time.

It'll be interesting to see how FFG handle it.

Don't split the group!

Good use for that Barricade, presuming there's non-Elite enemies (likely).

Edited by Network57

The only thing I'm not sure of is having to collect all the clues before being able to access the next location, kind of makes it seem like all the investigators will be stuck in the same location the whole time.

It'll be interesting to see how FFG handle it.

I think that will mostly be the case, although it will depend on other factors, like how long it takes to investigate each car, and if you want to leave somebody behind to deal with monsters.

I'm a bit sad.

If FFG would have cooperated ;) with Chaosium; Horror on the Oruent Express would have been a great campaign.

(Travelling across Europe, great scenary!!)

I guess they have taken some inspiration from there & from Agatha, of course. :D

I think FFG's business relationship with Chaosium is over and FFG simply bought Arkham Horror outright when Chaosium was desperate for cash. I could be wrong.