Two player Star Wars Destiny playmat announced

By JediGeekGirl, in Star Wars: Destiny

Can anyone explain the red dice/cube?

Meh. I hate 2-player mats....

These look awesome! I love the art and I love the little dice action symbols hidden in the gray part of the mat near Kylo Ren and Rey!

I love the idea of playmats, but would rather it be one player side.

As casual play, I was hoping for a two player mat for rolling dice less wear and tear. I think it looks great and will buy one.

I can see competitive play environment wont be interested. I am sure they will pump out single player mats too.

Was very interested until I read the article and saw the mat. It may be better in person but the article did not sell me at all. If I want/need a 2 player mat, I'll use the 36"x36" X-wing mat.

I asked about the Gencon playmat and they announced this! Whats the price???

I asked about the Gencon playmat and they announced this! Whats the price???

$25 according to the link in the article.

Was very interested until I read the article and saw the mat. It may be better in person but the article did not sell me at all. If I want/need a 2 player mat, I'll use the 36"x36" X-wing mat.

This is were I was torn, I was considering buying a X-wing mat, for the dual purpose. But the x-wing mat is a little large for destiny. But I may end up going that route. (Curretly we don't use anything for x-wing, just the table top itself)

I had the same thought.

Love it, and all for the price of a little more than a single player mat, I do hope these are on the boat with the cards.

Edited by Amanal

I'd probably get on for $25 but they'll be $50+ in Australia =(

I have a feeling I will be ordering this mat.

Amanal, on 01 Nov 2016 - 3:14 PM, said:

Love it, and all for the price of a little more than a single player mat, I do hope these are on the boat with the cards.

I agree --- a quality aesthetic for people trying the game when I do demos. It's seems sleek, and is not as large as my 3' x 3' X-Wing F.A.T. Mat. The latter most likely won't fit on

the tables in the CCG section of my local game shop. This will, and I Hope it arrives soon.

Can anyone explain the red dice/cube?

Its part of Destiny's game mechanics... head over to the main page to see all the details you might want :)

I pre-ordered mine.

Paid what I would have for a single player mat and a little more for postage, but it came in at under $50au (just) which was about $10au short of my expectation.

I would have preferred a single player may and would have preferred if they had outlined sections for deck, discard pile, characters/upgrades/support, and dice pool.