Other adventures?

By Amroth, in The Force Awakens Beginner Game

Hi all,

I'm new to the whole Star Wars thing (finally taking the plunge after FFG have divested their 40k line) and decided to start with this package as I like the setting (probably for no other reason than it's new.....).

Having bought it though I did notice that they are not planning to release a full game for this setting and was wondering if this means they won't be releasing other adventures for this setting?

I find the current two adventures underwhelming, which is fine as they are only introductory adventures anyway but it makes me think if they are not going to put out more information into this setting what was the point in the first place?

I am thinking about getting Force and Destiny as the full game as the idea of being a force user appeals to me more than the other lines but of course that doesn't help with this setting just the rules.

Is anyone aware if more products are scheduled for this line or if there are any good homebrewed adventures/background available?

Thanks in advance :)

Who knows what they're planning, honestly.

However, all the other adventures for this game could be transferred over to the Sequel Trilogy era, because they don't feature any canon characters. It may take some work, but not much.

Nothing has been announced, but that doesn't mean nothing else will be coming down the road. The one thing that they have stated is that there won't be a fourth Core Rulebook for the sequel trilogy era.

Player speculation is that sometime within the next year or two, there may be some sort of supplemental material, whether it takes the form of a book similar to the existing region books, a not-Second-Edition-Second-Edition, or something else entirely. (This is based largely upon the upcoming release of the long-awaited Bounty Hunter book and what appears to be an increased pace in scheduling release of the other lines' career books.)

That said, there's also probably something of a holding pattern on releasing a wealth of information about the era because it's still being charted in the movies. So far, it's easy enough to re-skin the Rebellion era into the sequel trilogy era until such time as "official" information comes along. If you're looking more for background information rather than mechanics, the Force Awakens Visual Dictionary is a treasure trove of information about the state of the galaxy.

I was Ninja'd by Blackbird888 and Nytwyng. Ah well. I'll go ahead and leave my post as is for the benefit of the OP.

The bits and pieces of the other 3 lines may be centered around the OT timeline, but it's easy enough to bring in to the TFA era.

Technology in Star Wars is old and long-lasting. It's not a stretch for ships and such to still be around. Just look at the Millennium Falcon.

Another common strategy is to reskin/reflavor. A T-65 X-wing suddenly becomes a T-70 X-wing, Imperial Storm Troopers are now First Order Storm Troopers. ect..

Edited by kaosoe

Is anyone aware if more products are scheduled for this line or if there are any good homebrewed adventures/background available?

As far as I can tell, you can run any of the adventures in the TFA setting. Most aren't setting-specific, and those that are just need the changing of a few names. Even Onslaught at Arda 1 would work fine as Resistance vs First Order. With the current core books you really can run a game in any period, from KOTOR to TFA.

Thanks heaps for that guys, that's really helpful. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Star Wars Lore.

Thanks heaps for that guys, that's really helpful. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Star Wars Lore.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting all the details "right". The galaxy is simply too big and the timeline too long, you have all the room you need to do whatever you want. None of my players are Star Wars fans, so I don't expect them to know anything...which is completely liberating as nothing I do will be contradicted by some self-appointed expert. If you have one of those in your group, it's probably best to tell them from the start that you won't necessarily be sticking to "lore". That way they can relax and enjoy the game without any preconceptions.

What's in the box itself?

The other starter boxes have cut-down-core-rulebooks with statlines for the TIE fighter, TIE interceptor and a few other iconic things - does the TFA box have the TIE/fo, for example, in its 'core rulebook'?

TFA BB is much the same. It doesn't have any vehicles as far as I am aware but has a few First Order generics such as Storm Troopers. IT even has some watered-down stats for Captain Phasma.

Looking at the X-Wing and Armada game lines, I would expect some kind of books going into the sequel era and the Rebels era.

Looking at the X-Wing and Armada game lines, I would expect some kind of books going into the sequel era and the Rebels era.

Strictly speaking, the "Rebels era" is the default setting of the game. As such, elements from Rebels are being peppered into the current books -

• The VCX-100 is in Keeping the Peace
  • The T-7 Ion Disruptor and the ITT are in Forged in Battle
  • Rules for building a blaster/lightsaber like Ezra's are in Endless Vigil
  • Based on artwork released, it looks like the Inquisitors' spinning sabers will be in Ghosts of Dathomir

As far as I can tell, you can run any of the adventures in the TFA setting.

I'm gonna be the jerk who splits hairs... Edge of the Empire Jewel of Yavin features Cloud City under Lando's leadership. They feature a whole section on Lando and Lobot, and don't cover too much post-ESB stuff. It wouldn't necessarily be difficult to write them out because they're not "key characters," but they're key enough to have been given stat blocks. Haven't played the adventure but I feel like that probably counts for something. Maybe I'm wrong?

Force and Destiny Chronicles of the Gatekeeper is also a little time-sensitive since it features post-Clone Wars Cato Nemoidia. That's only really relevant because of the way the atmosphere shifted on Cato Nemoidia after the Clone War, but that could be said of any Separatist world. If memory serves, basically the entire adventure centers around a Jedi who went missing at the end of the Clone Wars (before Order 66). That one could also be re-written into the TFA era without too much trouble (if you're having trouble wrapping your head around that, read the short story The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku ), but I find it a little harder to write it into some of the older eras. I guess if you wanted to set it in TOR you could always have Warde go missing at the end of the Mandalorian War. But the strained relationship between the current big government and Cato Nemoidia is still gonna be a little anachronistic.

All of that said, of course you should play the era you want and the way you want and don't give too much thought to the timeline. Everything in all of these games is considered Legends, so none of your characters is getting written into the Skywalker legacy (even TFA-era stuff). If you want a TFA-era game featuring Exar Kun or a clone of Darth Vader, then go to it!

Edited by dpick28

These points are only relevant if you run the adventures straight out of the book. But there's no reason to be constrained by that. Bespin doesn't have to remain Bespin, Lobot can be replaced by any cybertech-wearing expert, Lando can be replaced by any charismatic leader...

The adventures are just idea mines, and can easily be tailored to any campaign.

very well สมัคร sbobet

Edited by Trythisfive

We wont probably any book about the sequel trilogy until all the movies are released.