The infamous blood angels necron anti nid alliance?

By Professor Tanhauser, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

Just out of curiosity, would anyone here run a scenario based on the hyper controversial blood angels necron alliance versus the nids? Maybe with a KT having to work with a necron force to save a world from the nids? That seemed to be pretty contentious in 40k, I wondered if it might just be another Tuesday in deathwatch.

I think it's an interesting concept, and given the current nature of Necrons in 40k I can see it being plausible but my headcanon still has the Necrons as uncommunicative as a rule. I think within Deathwatch it depends heavily on the KT. When the Blood Angels did it they were under orders, but KT's have alot more autonomy from what I gather, it may also depend on the radical leanings of the Watch Captain or Inquisitor who had the mission authorised. More realistically I feel the alliance would purely be 'we'd rather kill Nids right now' rather than the spoken agreement discussed in the tabletop.

However, I probably wouldn't run a scenario based off it as I feel I couldn't do Necrons true justice, and any KT I've run with would physically puke at the concept ;)

Drath

Well,I see your point. You could also have a KT leader who's like "Hmmm, the necrons are a xenos filth menace, but our current intel on them suggests they have finite numbers and possibly no way to increase them. Now, the nids are capable of growing their numbers at a nearly geometric rate and rapidly expanding their forces with every world devoured, which means more nids, which means more worlds devoured, which means more nids..."

So he might decide that the nids wee the far greater threat and it was his duty to stop a nid splinter fleet from consuming a world and expanding in size and power. A clever inquisitor might even decide to "lose" a dataslate containing all current imperial information on the nids in front of a necron force in hope they'd assimilate the data and become more effective against the nids on the theory every necorn fighting nids is one less fighting the imperium and every nid killed by a necron is one less fighting the imperium.

You know you can usually find a "canon" way to see things from most views in 40k, the universe is so twisted and complex.

"There is no alliance with the xenos. There is only the order in wich they will be purged from the Emperor's realm.

The Tyranids, first.

The Necrons, second ."

-Sgt. Graves of the Endbringers chapter, oathed to the Death watch.

+++Tought for today: The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.+++

"There is no alliance with the xenos. There is only the order in wich they will be purged from the Emperor's realm.

The Tyranids, first.

The Necrons, second ."

-Sgt. Graves of the Endbringers chapter, oathed to the Death watch.

+++Tought for today: The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.+++

This FTW.