Upside down Mist Hunter

By Siddhi, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Hello there,

I've never liked the looks of the Mist Hunter so I did some remodeling on it. Basically I've just turned it upside down, added two little parts and put on some more grime.

Sorry about the quality of the pics

misthu12.jpg
misthu10.jpg
misthu11.jpg

This looks really good - those panels would look nice if they were as long as the ship, like skis!

Also, you could totally modify this thing to look like a mini YV-666...

Edited by Rinzler in a Tie

Cool mod!

Speaking of Scum ships that don't look right, I've always felt that the YV-666 would look better upside down as well. And the Slave-1 should fly & be mounted the way it rests while on the ground.

http://4lomkuss.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/TVC-Slave-1.jpg

And regarding the Mist Hunter, anyone else also bothered by how huge the cockpit is in relation to other ships? I mean, most of a Y-wing will fit under its cockpit window.

And speaking of the Y-wing, have you ever placed an A-wing side by side a Y? I thought the A was supposed to be small, but the thing is wiiiiiiiiiide.

And why does the new Protectorate look like a Syck but facing in the opposite direction?

And... and... and... I still love the game despite these things. :P

Edited by Force Majeure

Thanks for your feedback!

That's a very good idea about the Mist Hunter being turned into some kind of mini YV-666. Since I have another one lying around I just might give that a try. ;)

I also feel that the cockpit is too big in relation to other ships. About the A-Wing I seem to remember some discussion about it's size back in wave 2 or 3 times. I think FFG even said that they made it to a slightly different scale so it wouldn't be too tiny.

That's a very good idea about the Mist Hunter being turned into some kind of mini YV-666. Since I have another one lying around I just might give that a try. ;)

Please post pictures if you do!

Interesting. Back end kinda reminds be of a YV-666.

Well look at that! That looks more Star Warsy than the original to my eyes. Nice one!

Looks really sweet, like it was designed by the same engineers as the YV-666. However, I'm wondering how it lands, unless it has some very long but retractable landing struts.

Kinda makes me think of the A9 Vigilance :unsure: - nice conversion, certainly unusual !

Looks really sweet, like it was designed by the same engineers as the YV-666. However, I'm wondering how it lands, unless it has some very long but retractable landing struts.

It's star wars, the fins hinge up and some legs come out the bottom.

I really like that conversion job well done.

This is a terrific kitbash. I'd be curious to see how it looked with the wings from the YV-666 in place of the panels. Those wings look out of place on the YV-666 anyway.

For anyone who thinks the Slave One should fly horizontal, here's an idea. This isn't mine.

http://www.rebelscale.com/2016/02/shrike/

Cool idea. I also like the idea of longer panels.

Nice. Kinda looks like a space tug to me.

:)

I really like the look of this.

I'm going to be converting my mist hunter, as it is an odd looking model.

The engines are the best thing about it.

And I really like what you have done.

It's giving me some ideas.

Well done and all the best.

Barry.

Edited by Barry Harker

@ Barry Harker:

Thank you! Since I absolutely love the stuff you're doing I consider that an honor!

Nice! I like it better than the original!

My mind is getting all wobbly trying to figure out where and how for the cockpit xD

I'm not quite sold on the panel/wings(?) placement with it upside down, but it looks nice (Though I also like the original, at least as an atmospheric VTOL kinda ship, even if it kinda lacks the downward thrusters I guess xD)

Cool mod!

Speaking of Scum ships that don't look right, I've always felt that the YV-666 would look better upside down as well. And the Slave-1 should fly & be mounted the way it rests while on the ground.

I did that to mine as a fairly easy conversion and gave it a Black Sun scheme. It's now a YV-999! :P (Can post pictures if Siddhi don't mind)

Not at all, let's see some pics!

Not at all, let's see some pics!

Alright :)

post-291777-0-37771000-1479069401_thumb.jpg

Needs some more work, particularly the Black Sun symbol, but overall pretty happy.

Mind sharing how you converted your mist hunter? I'm considering doing something similar with my second one :)

It's the Clockwork Orange whale..

All kinds of thumbs up. Looks fantastic.

@RejjeN:

What a great idea, I like it! Thanks for sharing!

About the conversion of the Mist Hunter: I'm sorry to say that I didn't take any WIP pictures!

It's very easy to split the ship along the upper red line; there's only two small dots of glue holding it together. So I just did that and cut off the cockpit before re-attaching the rest. Then I cut off the angular part below the lower red line so the cockpit would fit there. After that I removed the support beam of the two solar panels, turned the ship upside down and glued a part of another small spaceship (not a Star Wars model) to the place where the cockpit had been. I also had a spare cannon from a YT-1300 lying around so I glued that to the top, since it looked a bit empty otherwise. There were two small gaps in the cockpit window I had to fill with a bit of modelling putty too and that's pretty much it.

2016-110.jpg

Yea, do like that.

The Mist hunter is going to be my next conversion............more than likely use yours as inspiration to

build mine......although mine will have a long tail and alternate cockpit.

but I like the upside down treatment, just looks better proportion wise.

all the best,

Barry.

Did u cut anything or just remounted?

Sorry... I know it's long time ago (in a galaxy....)

But loved it! Grats

On 10/27/2016 at 6:27 PM, Force Majeure said:

Cool mod!

http://4lomkuss.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/TVC-Slave-1.jpg

And regarding the Mist Hunter, anyone else also bothered by how huge the cockpit is in relation to other ships? I mean, most of a Y-wing will fit under its cockpit window.

And speaking of the Y-wing, have you ever placed an A-wing side by side a Y? I thought the A was supposed to be small, but the thing is wiiiiiiiiiide.

And why does the new Protectorate look like a Syck but facing in the opposite direction?

And... and... and... I still love the game despite these things. :P

For the YV-666 there are also some alternatives and/or proxies that could fit well.

here is one

KdLjSxK.jpg
Wmdyq6b.jpg

0nTXapW.jpg