How long will it take to get official Destiny playmats from FFG?

By dewbie420, in Star Wars: Destiny

I really like the Gencon playmats that Fantasy Flight Games used for their demo games!

They look very nice, here.

Has anyone heard how soon playmats will be available for us to buy?

I'm sure they will have some eventually, even for prizes...but I wanna know now, so I plan my retirement around my Destiny purchases. ;)

I too am interested in a mat like this. Dont want to be rolling dice on hard table.

While I've become a huge fan of playmats since winning my first one, I really don't like these ones. I prefer not to have designated areas for my stuff, especially since most mats like this are designed for right-handers.

Edited by The Janitor

While I've become a huge fan of playmats since winning my first one, I really don't like these ones. I prefer not to have designated areas for my stuff, especially since most mats like this are designed for right-handers.

I am going to echo this and add that they were 3x3 playmats, which are too large.

I also personally hate it when they designate ares of the mat for certain things. I get that it keeps it a bit more organized, but prefer the all art variety personally.

Luckily I have plenty of SWLCG mats that will serve until a Destiny mat comes along =)

FFG had what I believe will be the first mats available for sale at Worlds this year. Unfortunately, they didn't have any available for sale at the time :(

They're smaller than 3'x3', closer to 2'x2' and have dropped any designated areas.

BM48BwVm.jpg

Release is 1 december I think they can't make it for release

Release is 1 december I think they can't make it for release

8( I don't think so either, on the site it isn't even in the upcoming cue

I thought they had an in-house printer setup for things like this with a lot less turn around time. Would love to see them soon though.

According to my FLGS, the playmats are being released on December 1. I have mine preordered already.

FFG prints their mats in house. They will be in stores in early December.