2016 Worlds Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Oh man. Just seen the standings. Europe is dominating going into the final round.

Oh man. Just seen the standings. Europe is dominating going into the final round.

Post a pic! Dying over here!

7UIccti.jpg

2gkzNka.jpg

1PptIpk.jpg

Heaver, Yun and Bonar 14-16! Awesome!

Congrats to top 5: Tom, James, Charles, Ira, Mario!

Looks like Chris Allen, beating Paul in round 1, only won two more. 54th.

Sable Griffon (Mark Fletcher, S&V) doing well, 21st.

Edited by brettspielcafe

Gold squadron just reported that the top table went to final salvo with only a single damage being done in the game before time.

Anyone else pretty upset about this? Obviously I'm not there so I have no clue what really happened, but this for sure is not what I want from this game.

Rebel regen for you. Also, 1 game doesn't mean anything

Then something needs to be done about regen. Or something needs to be done to assure players engage and stay engaged. There is no excuse for a game to appear as if it is in turn 3 after 75 minutes of gameplay at the top table of the highest level event for said game.

Note I am not upset with the players. They likely saw no good engagement opportunity, and, as they are at the top table, decided to take their chances on the salvo with a good MOV guaranteed either way. FFG did a good job of ridding the game of the silly modified wins, but I don't think they are done yet if things like this are still possible.

One of the players was flying triple Defenders. I guess something should be done about Rebel regen AND Imperial agility.

Gold squadron just reported that the top table went to final salvo with only a single damage being done in the game before time.

Anyone else pretty upset about this? Obviously I'm not there so I have no clue what really happened, but this for sure is not what I want from this game.

Then something needs to be done about regen. Or something needs to be done to assure players engage and stay engaged. There is no excuse for a game to appear as if it is in turn 3 after 75 minutes of gameplay at the top table of the highest level event for said game.

Note I am not upset with the players. They likely saw no good engagement opportunity, and, as they are at the top table, decided to take their chances on the salvo with a good MOV guaranteed either way. FFG did a good job of ridding the game of the silly modified wins, but I don't think they are done yet if things like this are still possible.

One of the players was flying triple Defenders. I guess something should be done about Rebel regen AND Imperial agility.

I'm all for it. I'm all about the nerf hammer baby. :)

I think it is pretty amazing that game went to a draw. I think if I were playing that Rebel list I would be more aggressive. A final salvo is not good for that matchup. 9 dice vs 5 dice.

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo
  • Fenn Rau (32) + Mindlink + title + AT
  • Old Teroch (30) + Mindlink title + AT
  • Manaroo (34) + Attanni Mindlink + K4 + Unhinged + Feedback
Somebody is flying my favorite list. Go buddy Go!!!

He's 4-1

What with the 4-point bid?

To elaborate even further:

In a Fangaroo mirror match, the init makes so much difference because of the Manaroo, Palob and Teroch triggers in combination with mindlink. Player with init chooses to go 2nd, as they get postional advantage (hello there Teroch/Fenn), but also forces the other player to move all of their tokens before any of your triggers. This allows Teroch and Palob to have maximum impact, while your opponents triggers are significantly neutered (steal a token off Fenn? It's okay, Manaroo will throw one back).

Anyone who wants to know more about Mindlink - specifically mindlink Fangaroo have a listen to the last couple of 186th Squadron Podcast, we've been banging on about it for a while!

Shhhhh, no one really wants to know. Might as well just delete that post

Edited by stx666

;)

That's probably Charlie (currently 3rd), he's been practicing with Ryad, Vessery and a Glaive (all with x7 and crack shot) since he lost to that exact list in the final of the Belgian national.

I suppose we should also nerf the things that can one-shot defenders and regen guys like Mr. Horn *cough* *Bossk* *cough*. Might as well just nerf the whole game while we're at it. Naked Academy Pilots for everyone! ;)

who could resist?

U86OnOg.gif

How come neither of the Eide boys are on that list?

Maybe they are playing tomorrow

Any word on what Dee Yun or Ryan Tackle (Mynock) are flying?

And I don't see Dallas Parker in top 82... is that the end of the TIE swarm?

Any word on what Dee Yun or Ryan Tackle (Mynock) are flying?

And I don't see Dallas Parker in top 82... is that the end of the TIE swarm?

Soontir, Steele, Palp shuttle. Targeting computer on Soontir. Yeah, Dallas didn't do so good :(

Some lists I'm getting from Gold Squadron. Not sure if posted yet.-

Nicholas Belle

Palp Shuttle

Darth Vader
VI
Title
Advanced Targeting Computer
Engine

Vessery
X7
Juke
Twin ion engine

Doug Howe

Lothal w/ Sabine, thermals, extra munitions, torps (unknown), Hera, Guidance chips, autoblaster, more??

Miranda w/ C3P0, extra munitions... more cant see

Ira Mayers

Thug Life (4x TLT Ys w/ Unhinged)

Tom Reed (British winner of Italian nationals)

14955983_10154275012478401_7454850102544

James K

Palp shuttle

Carnor
Autothrusters
Shield upgrade
PTL
Title

Ryad
Juke
X7

James Matchett

Miranda Doni
Autoblaster turret
Long range scanners
Homing missile
Extra munitions

Biggs
R4d6
Integrated astromech

Nora Wexley
Title
PTL
R2D2

Hart Shafer of Phoenix

Ryad
VI
X7

Vess
Adaptability
X7

Marrek Stele
Crack Shot
X7

Gabriel Taylor

Fenn Rau
PTL
Autothrusters

Trandosian Slaver
4-lom
Dengar
Zuckuss

Kavil
R4 Agromech
TLT
Veteran Instincts

Bryan Terwilliger

Fenn Rau
Title
Mindlink
Autothrusters

Old Teroch
Title
Mindlink
Autothrusters

Manaroo
Mindlink
BMST
K4
Plasma torp

Kevin Leintz

Manaroo
Mink link
Unhinged
K4
Plasma torps
Extra munitions
Guidance Chips

Gands finsman
Mind link
BMST
Collision detector

Kavil
Mind link
TLT
Unhinged
Engine

Ryan Voigt

Corran Horn
Engine
R2D2
PTL
Fire Control System

Mirando Doni
TLT
Sabine
Ion Bomb
Conner Net
Extra Munitions
Homing Missles
Advanced Slam

Chris Allen

Palp Defenders (defeated Paul round 3)

Nordic Champ (Who that is, idk??)

Ryad

x7

PTL

mk. II

Maarek

Juke

x7

???

Palp

collision detector

BrazilianNational Champ

Andre Ripolli

Captain Kenkirk
Ysanne Issard
Palp
Lone Wolf
Engine

Soontir
Autothrusters
Stealth Device
PTL Title

Dee Yun

Omicron
Palp

Marrek Steele
X7
Predator

Soontir
Title
PTL
Auto thrusters
Targeting Computer

Derek Tokaz (nonroncon special? lol)
Tel
R5p9
Title
Gonk
PTL
Hull upgrade
BMST

Bossk
BMST
4-Lom
Zuckuss
Dengar
Mangler Cannon

Kinetic Operator

Bossk

K4

Zuckuss

VI

4LOM

Homing missiles

GCs

Dengar

title

RecSpec

LW

R4 agro

Flechette torps

GCs

THESE ARE NOT 100% CERTAIN. THESE ARE COPIED FROM GOLD SQUADRON WHO HAS BEEN POSTING THIS INFORMATION ON FACEBOOK.

Edited by Kdubb

Tom Reed goes undefeated on day 1 with double casters! (Italian National Champion, Italian System Open Champion, from the UK)

List is:
Asajj, Gyroscopic Targeting, Latts Razi, Glitterstim, PTL

Ketsu, K4, Glitter, PTL, Engine, Title

I suppose we should also nerf the things that can one-shot defenders and regen guys like Mr. Horn *cough* *Bossk* *cough*. Might as well just nerf the whole game while we're at it. Naked Academy Pilots for everyone! ;)

who could resist?

U86OnOg.gif

;)

I wonder if Heaver will play on Sunday. He was thinking he'd play Imperial Assault if he was 4-2.

Tom Reed goes undefeated on day 1 with double casters! (Italian National Champion, Italian System Open Champion, from the UK)

List is:

Asajj, Gyroscopic Targeting, Latts Razi, Glitterstim, PTL

Ketsu, K4, Glitter, PTL, Engine, Title

How the hell does HE get through all those palp green dice

I must know!!!!!!

(Yeah its probably ketsu but easier said than done)

So, what's the RonCon Special? Or will we see that tomorrow?

:(

I asked pretty much the same question earlier. Nobody answered... :(

I saw your post which is why I brought it up again. :P

Remi Dumais placed 10th today,

I play once in a while against him, always fun and challenging.

He's using Palp Shuttle with OL, Inq, Wampa - a variant of a list I played before Omega and Inquisitor were available - Palp shuttle, jax, colzet and wamp.

I much prefer a 4th ship instead of double defenders or whisper/soontir/or whatever ace we often saw with Palp shuttle.

Edited by Kalandros

I saw your post which is why I brought it up again. :P

Isn't that the Asajj + 2 TLT Ys list Paul Heaver is flying? NonRonCon being Miranda, Braylen, Biggs?