2016 Worlds Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Looks like he lost as he has dropped to table 12 or so. Heaver has 1 loss and is at table 6.

I wish they stop posting table numbers on Facebook and just post the dang standings

Get this... the top table for round 4 featured a matchup between Corran/Miranda vs Mindlinked Manaroo/Kavil/Gand Findsman.THATS A MIST HUNTER, PEOPLE, AND ITS NOT EVEN ZUCKUSS. I love this tournament!!!!

Nothing wrong with G1-A's, especially mindlinked ones.

So apparently Aaron Bonar's Bossk has VI and crack shot. Does it also have A-Wing Test Pilot? I think something is off lol.

I think Dengar had Crack Shot and Bossk had VI. I don't actually know, though.

Probably just a typo. Should probably be fixed though once more list info is available.

Bossk definitely has vi and I don't know the exact configuration of dengar because he played with it but crackshot and plasma were on there at one point.

Get this... the top table for round 4 featured a matchup between Corran/Miranda vs Mindlinked Manaroo/Kavil/Gand Findsman.THATS A MIST HUNTER, PEOPLE, AND ITS NOT EVEN ZUCKUSS. I love this tournament!!!!

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo
  • Fenn Rau (32) + Mindlink + title + AT
  • Old Teroch (30) + Mindlink title + AT
  • Manaroo (34) + Attanni Mindlink + K4 + Unhinged + Feedback
  • 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo
Somebody is flying my favorite list. Go buddy Go!!!

He's 4-1

Indeed. I have played a bunch with it and i find it extremely solid.

That sounds like Ryan Voight aka Rekkon 's Regional winning list.

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo

He's 4-1

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo

He's 4-1

What with the 4-point bid?

Initiative vs Soontir?

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo

He's 4-1

Dengaroo

Matters for making manny pass b4 terry then you cam just for right for dengar

My guess anyway

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo

He's 4-1

As I said before in this thread, you need to ensure you go second vs other mindlink lists. If you don't, you basically just lose.

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo

He's 4-1

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo

He's 4-1

Initiative vs Soontir?

Sounds like the top table was just decided by final salvo!

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo

He's 4-1

Gold squadron just reported that the top table went to final salvo with only a single damage being done in the game before time.

Anyone else pretty upset about this? Obviously I'm not there so I have no clue what really happened, but this for sure is not what I want from this game.

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo

He's 4-1

Go buddy!!! Anybody know what he lost to?

Ghost Biggs Phantom i think

Gold squadron just reported that the top table went to final salvo with only a single damage being done in the game before time.

Anyone else pretty upset about this? Obviously I'm not there so I have no clue what really happened, but this for sure is not what I want from this game.

Apparently they spent a significant portion of the game not engaging, so whose to blame..?

Rebel regen for you. Also, 1 game doesn't mean anything

I wouldn't dare to engage either if I had two small ships, one of them with 1 agility and no defense boost possibilities... :D very courageous man to go to worlds with a 52 point Miranda!

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo

He's 4-1

To elaborate even further:

In a Fangaroo mirror match, the init makes so much difference because of the Manaroo, Palob and Teroch triggers in combination with mindlink. Player with init chooses to go 2nd, as they get postional advantage (hello there Teroch/Fenn), but also forces the other player to move all of their tokens before any of your triggers. This allows Teroch and Palob to have maximum impact, while your opponents triggers are significantly neutered (steal a token off Fenn? It's okay, Manaroo will throw one back).

Anyone who wants to know more about Mindlink - specifically mindlink Fangaroo have a listen to the last couple of 186th Squadron Podcast, we've been banging on about it for a while!

• 96pt Mindlink Fangaroo

He's 4-1

Go buddy!!! Anybody know what he lost to?

Ghost Biggs Phantom i think

Rebel regen for you. Also, 1 game doesn't mean anything

Then something needs to be done about regen. Or something needs to be done to assure players engage and stay engaged. There is no excuse for a game to appear as if it is in turn 3 after 75 minutes of gameplay at the top table of the highest level event for said game.

Note I am not upset with the players. They likely saw no good engagement opportunity, and, as they are at the top table, decided to take their chances on the salvo with a good MOV guaranteed either way. FFG did a good job of ridding the game of the silly modified wins, but I don't think they are done yet if things like this are still possible.

UPDATE: competitor FourDogsInaHorseSuit is drinking beer from a boot. How will this impact his day one performance?