2016 Worlds Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Hang on didn't that exact Dengar almost lose the game before to Han?! Yes he did.

He was saved by a block (curse that asteroid, we could of had a Uk champion!)

I agree that Zuck nerf is off base. There are lots of ways to counter it, as you say, and we'll see them proliferate now that the dengaroo threat will heighten in every competition due to this result. I wasn't objecting to that dude. An argument's inconsistency is ugly to me, that's all.

Easier, we fix several cards

TLT : 10 points (4TLT bye, now only 3)

Zuckuss: 3 points and can only be used once per turn and for a defense dice.

Defender: . Unique titles.

Palpatine: 10 Points, can only be used in attack dice.

So we would have broken the whole meta, and I really would have balance in the universe.

TLT: Hmm yes.

Zuckuss: 1 point, once per round - works only if you are unstressed.

Defender: Swap the point cost for the two titles

Palpatine: Make him Epic only, but buff Squints/fragile Imp aces in such a way that they aren't as reliant on upgrades like Palp. (I have no idea how at the moment).

Zuckuss: 1 point, once per round - works only if you are unstressed.

Nice too

Palpatine: Use only in ships with shields or

Use only in ships without tension or

Use only in ships with focus.

Edited by nogarder

I checked the submitted lists that qualified for the second round of elimination, and I found every ship except the following:

• TIE Bomber
  • TIE Punisher
  • TIE SF Fighter
  • Imperial Firespray
  • Rebel HWK
  • Kira;lqwjsdf
  • Starviper
  • G1A

First, is this correct? Second, who else thinks it is amazing that there are 40 ships in this game, and 32 of them made it into the second day at worlds. I don't think Zuckuss should be nerfed, I don't think Palp should be nerfed, I think that we are playing an amazing game and Dengaroo is a really hard list to fly well against all of these different opponents. This is easily the healthiest meta we have seen.

*Edit: Hujoe Biggs played a list with a G1A on Sunday. 33 of 40 ships!

Edited by Gersun

FFG OP was cool about letting us cast, but to be clear they didn't exactly support us. The data plan we had to use to make the cast -- a tethered iPhone -- is going to hit us with 15 bucks per gigabyte of overage charges. I am guessing it will be in the hundred dollar range when it's all said and done. This is while the official feed is using corporate wifi :) I bet they view us as more of an annoyance then anything else.

But hey, as long as the podcasts and software developers keep doing free work despite the lack of public acknowledgement or private show of gratitude ... why change?

I spent a good few hours watching and enjoying the unofficial stream yesterday and so would like to make a donation towards that bill. Is there a PayPal address or anything I can send that to?

I've probably missed it among all the pages here. But is there a link to all the lists used in the last 16?

Easier, we fix several cards
Rebel Regen: Banned. All of them.
Sabine Crew: No Sabine evermore in any ship
Hera? Banned!
etc …
So we would have broken the whole meta, and I really would have balance in the universe.

fixed that for you. ;-)

I've probably missed it among all the pages here. But is there a link to all the lists used in the last 16?

haha, the first 4 posts of this thread mate :)

I checked the submitted lists that qualified for the second round of elimination, and I found every ship except the following:

• TIE Bomber
  • TIE Punisher
  • TIE SF Fighter
  • Imperial Firespray
  • Rebel HWK
  • Kira;lqwjsdf
  • Starviper
  • G1A

First, is this correct? Second, who else thinks it is amazing that there are 40 ships in this game, and 32 of them made it into the second day at worlds. I don't think Zuckuss should be nerfed, I don't think Palp should be nerfed, I think that we are playing an amazing game and Dengaroo is a really hard list to fly well against all of these different opponents. This is easily the healthiest meta we have seen.

I don't think there are any big shocks there.

Imp Firespray is a wreck. I don't think the SFs have been fully figured out yet, plus more tech on the horizon will bolster them. Vipers are awaiting their aces fix. Shame about bombers/punishers.

haha, the first 4 posts of this thread mate :)

I'll get my coat :)

• TIE Bomber
  • TIE Punisher
  • TIE SF Fighter
  • Imperial Firespray
  • Rebel HWK
  • Kira;lqwjsdf
  • Starviper
  • G1A

Imp Firespray is a wreck. I don't think the SFs have been fully figured out yet, plus more tech on the horizon will bolster them. Vipers are awaiting their aces fix. Shame about bombers/punishers.

I believe nobody was brave enough to try out Bombers, the Gamma Vet is pretty potent.

FFG OP was cool about letting us cast, but to be clear they didn't exactly support us. The data plan we had to use to make the cast -- a tethered iPhone -- is going to hit us with 15 bucks per gigabyte of overage charges. I am guessing it will be in the hundred dollar range when it's all said and done. This is while the official feed is using corporate wifi :) I bet they view us as more of an annoyance then anything else.

But hey, as long as the podcasts and software developers keep doing free work despite the lack of public acknowledgement or private show of gratitude ... why change?

This may be a security issue rather than a hate issue. It's possible FFG might simply rely on the ability to sack people to keep their Wave 11 secrets, instead of fancy internal network security. I mean, it's FFG not a bank or tech outfit.

Edited by moppers

I like the way the forum turned from "OMG Rebel Regen is OP plz Nerf" to "OMG Zuckuss is OP plz Nerf" in a single match.

I think what the final showed more than anything else is the potential fragility of two ship builds. Whoever lost the first ship in that match was pretty much done for. It turned out to be the Rebels.

In the semi, it could quite easily have been exactly the opposite - Dengar was on the ropes following Hake's procket salvo, it took a fantastic block with Manaroo to save him.

There is no really bad matchup for Dengaroo. Defenders should be, but we saw yesterday that this wasn't exactly the case.

How much have you really played with/against Dengaroo if you really believe there aren't really any bad machups?

Where are these counters? Dengar can do alarming amounts of damage against low agi ships and nearly the same amount against high agi ships. That's pretty unique if you ask me.

I saw quad TLTs mentioned. They are too slow to catch Manaroo and they happen to get killed pretty fast by Dengar as he should not have problems keeping them in arc. Glitterstim/ Countermeasures also pretty much makes you very hard to hit for a crucial turn. It's not exactly a bad matchup.

Defenders? Apparently not! They didn't exactly do great against Dengaroo and we saw a pretty bad result from them in top 16. It helped that Kevin was curbstomping any ace list he saw however because that's what his build does.

Fat Han was actually the closest thing to a counter we saw against Dengaroo. That matchup is 50/50 and only got won because of a small misread by the Han Player. But even if Han is not blocked it was still very possible to win the matchup.

I also nowhere call it a braindead list. You need to have a lot of skill to fly it, and these guys on the top tables obviously have that. But if you do Zuckuss is the tiny thing that is over the top. Too cheap, too few limitations on the card. Dengaroo without it is still strong but it can't delete ships if defense dice are somewhat okay.

There are other powerful builds, but they have hard counters. This one doesn't and that sets it apart.

We saw 3 Dengaroos in top 16 and this is actually as many as we had total rebel lists. Only one of them lost against something else than another Dengaroo.

The list also won a ton of tournaments and Regionals as soon as it was discovered, and it is played a lot, so it was the main favorite in my book, which avered to be justified.

I like the way the forum turned from "OMG Rebel Regen is OP plz Nerf" to "OMG Zuckuss is OP plz Nerf" in a single match.

I think what the final showed more than anything else is the potential fragility of two ship builds. Whoever lost the first ship in that match was pretty much done for. It turned out to be the Rebels.

In the semi, it could quite easily have been exactly the opposite - Dengar was on the ropes following Hake's procket salvo, it took a fantastic block with Manaroo to save him.

Had Corran and some of Mirandas loadout been Norra and a Bandit instead that specific match would have looked very differently. Zuckuss just doesn't do much versus one agility.

• TIE Bomber
  • TIE Punisher
  • TIE SF Fighter
  • Imperial Firespray
  • Rebel HWK
  • Kira;lqwjsdf
  • Starviper
  • G1A

The fact that they were being flown on day 2 doesn't necessarily mean that they were the best, or correct, choice. But the fact that they were being flown does mean that the meta is diverse regardless and that is a great stat!

• TIE Bomber
  • TIE Punisher
  • TIE SF Fighter
  • Imperial Firespray
  • Rebel HWK
  • Kira;lqwjsdf
  • Starviper
  • G1A

I believe nobody was brave enough to try out Bombers, the Gamma Vet is pretty potent.

I was thinking that Gamma Vets with Homing and Crackshot had a pretty solid place in the meta. Also, no Tomax Bren, which makes me sad because he is an extremely efficient ship with infinite crackshot.

I know a Gands Finds man made day two, I faught it last game Sunday. It was M3A on G1A violence.

Hey guys i will stop this right here.

Sorry everyone, i didn't want to take the focus away from the great players and the World champion. I apologize!

I also think that Rey will be pretty **** good against Dengaroo, so there we might get our hard counter. Just unfortunate that It was not yet legal for worlds.

Had Corran and some of Mirandas loadout been Norra and a Bandit instead that specific match would have looked very differently. Zuckuss just doesn't do much versus one agility.

But then switching Corran for Norra is probably a bad idea beacause he is still more durable than her against most stuff and in this list he serves as a counter to Defenders as they have a hard time outmaneuvering him, and if they do they can barely hit him...

Edited by ForceM

I saw quad TLTs mentioned. They are too slow to catch Manaroo and they happen to get killed pretty fast by Dengar as he should not have problems keeping them in arc. Glitterstim/ Countermeasures also pretty much makes you very hard to hit for a crucial turn. It's not exactly a bad matchup.

You fly straight into the middle, cover 2 out of 3 feet of the board with your TLT. Leaves not really much room to run for Manaroo and what little room is left requires her to commit to a path, which means you can gut her off easiy … she survives not long under fire too and zuckuss is nearly irrelevant as Y-Wings don't rely on evade rolls anyway. Worst part is that Dengars damage sucks when manroo keeps her focus while Manaroo dies even quicker without focus.

TLTs really have no issue with Dengaroo imho. A very straight forward matchup.

no, Defenders are pretty easy for well flown ARCs to deal with. you just need the patience of a saint to get through the green dice

bad match-ups for ARCs are fast large ships with incredible damage output, mostly VCXs (goddamn tailgunner does nothing) and Dash

Edited by ficklegreendice

You fly straight into the middle, cover 2 out of 3 feet of the board with your TLT. Leaves not really much room to run for Manaroo and what little room is left requires her to commit to a path, which means you can gut her off easiy … she survives not long under fire too and zuckuss is nearly irrelevant as Y-Wings don't rely on evade rolls anyway. Worst part is that Dengars damage sucks when manroo keeps her focus while Manaroo dies even quicker without focus.

TLTs really have no issue with Dengaroo imho. A very straight forward matchup.