2016 Worlds Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Mooney is the coolest. Very impressed with Fat Han and Jake!

From what I saw there weren't that many double defender lists that made it to the top tables. It seems like a lot of people prepped to play against them and the prep paid off.

Funny. I thought Dengaroo wasn't supposed to win because it lost to Defenders. Does anyone know if he played many on his way to the championship?

I understand Scum is supposed to be... scummy. But Zuckuss seems like the perfect card to make someone hate the game.

Worse thing about it winning worlds? As Blair just pointed out to me: we are going to have to play this stupid thing over and over in Regionals now.

Oh but we used to have triple jumps to counter it... I hope everyone who was glad for the deadeye nerf will enjoy playing against our dengaroo overlords

I understand Scum is supposed to be... scummy. But Zuckuss seems like the perfect card to make someone hate the game.

he really shouldn't be

green dice are infuriating as they are always unreliable and can lead to undeserved victories/loses, anything that mitigates their effectiveness should always be welcome

he really shouldn't be

green dice are infuriating as they are always unreliable and can lead to undeserved victories/loses, anything that mitigates their effectiveness should always be welcome

he really shouldn't be

So halve the agility dice effectiveness with a 1-point crew (for just one faction) and make its "cost" a mechanic that has work-arounds.

he really shouldn't be

So halve the agility dice effectiveness with a 1-point crew (for just one faction) and make its "cost" a mechanic that has work-arounds.

yup

honestly, my only problem with zuckuss is he isn't arc restricted, which really every non-weapon upgrade should be (when applicable)

but PWTs are on my **** list so there you go

Edited by ficklegreendice

Why specifically green dice? Are red dice somehow not infuriating and don't lead to undeserved victories/loses? Rolling 4 natural hits on an unmodified hlc isn't some bs as much as 4 unmodified natural evades from a blocked soontir?

Funny. I thought Dengaroo wasn't supposed to win because it lost to Defenders. Does anyone know if he played many on his way to the championship?

He didn't in the top 16 I don't think. Not sure what list Mario was running, but Nand beat Mario, then beat Faan, who had double shadow casters, then beat mooney, who had Fat Han/Jake, and then the final table against Miranda/Corran.

But Every one of his opponents had to go against defenders at least once, I know Kevin went against them at least twice.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

Why specifically green dice? Are red dice somehow not infuriating and don't lead to undeserved victories/loses? Rolling 4 natural hits on an unmodified hlc isn't some bs as much as 4 unmodified natural evades from a blocked soontir?

red dice are more likely to hit

red dice are also more necessary (at least I havn't seen a system where you have dice but no offense dice, while I have seen systems where you have no defense dice)

so green dice get the short end of the blame here

he really shouldn't be

yup

honestly, my only problem with zuckuss is he isn't arc restricted, which really every non-weapon upgrade should be (when applicable)

This isn't Armada. Auto-damage isn't the "correct" mechanic just because you like it.

Did either of the finalists have any notable prior wins or showings?

I thought Alex was overselling the comeback possibilities, but seriously, that just looked like a game decided by exhaustion.

This isn't Armada. Auto-damage isn't the "correct" mechanic just because you like it.

it's not auto-damage, is it?

but the inverse would also be true. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't correct

or at least just a pointless a comparison

Edited by ficklegreendice

Yeah, Zuc really sucks when you go from great rolls to not, but it doesn't always work out for him; 1 point is too cheap though.

Crazy as it sounds, I'd rather have played against Dengaroo than Rebel regen; I've not only faired better against it with most of my builds, but it's way more fun; win or loose than the 'chase the rebel' as he scurries away nonsense.

Sometimes. Seemingly. Endless. Mind-numbing. Games.

Bring on the Scum!

Zuckuss does seem to be the most powerful 1 point upgrade in the game. As with other cards/ships that are thought to be OP, it's the combination of Zuckuss with another card (Manaroo). All that stress is a big problem, but when you are still getting a focus/target lock, the negative aspect of Zuckuss is all but negated. Green dice suck normally, I just hate when I roll 2/3 evades to then have to re-roll them into blanks. I don't necessarily think it needs nerfed, but it wouldn't be surprising.

Errata Zuckuss "If you do not have any stress..."

As long as they've opened up the can of worms, may as well.

Yeah, Zuc really sucks when you go from great rolls to not, but it doesn't always work out for him; 1 point is too cheap though.

Crazy as it sounds, I'd rather have played against Dengaroo than Rebel regen; I've not only faired better against it with most of my builds, but it's way more fun; win or loose than the 'chase the rebel' as he scurries away nonsense.

Bring on the Scum!

Zuckuss does seem to be the most powerful 1 point upgrade in the game. As with other cards/ships that are thought to be OP, it's the combination of Zuckuss with another card (Manaroo). All that stress is a big problem, but when you are still getting a focus/target lock, the negative aspect of Zuckuss is all but negated. Green dice suck normally, I just hate when I roll 2/3 evades to then have to re-roll them into blanks. I don't necessarily think it needs nerfed, but it wouldn't be surprising.

Errata Zuckuss "If you do not have any stress..."

As long as they've opened up the can of worms, may as well.

Small ship only, part 2

he really shouldn't be

yup

Auto blasters (and the turret version) have something to say about that.

Bring on the Scum!

Do you ever have a problem with Manaroos regen? Surely it's not just Rebels. I actually think a regen Manaroo is harder to catch and kill than most regen aces 1v1.

Manaroo's the issue more than Zuckuss.

Appropriately balanced cards are okay. Uncancled 2-3 dice for 2 and 5 points.

Not 1 point for all the dice.

Edited by Rinzler in a Tie

Since I have all the 6-2 lists, I will be doing some statistical analysis on this year's Worlds to compare it to 2013, 2014, and 2015. No specific ETA on when I will be done, but should be early this week, possibly teasing some stuff tonight.

Bring on the Scum!

Do you ever have a problem with Manaroos regen? Surely it's not just Rebels. I actually think a regen Manaroo is harder to catch and kill than most regen aces 1v1.

I always go all-in on Manaroo; ignoring Dengar. One good block, and I can't help but say, "I have your you now" in my most official voice. Easy? No. Can be done? Yes. And, like I stated, it's so much more fun to play against; so much more!! This is a game, we play for fun, right? Well, Dengaroo is fun! Rebel regen is not; unless you alpha the sinking coward right off, if not, start watching videos on YouTube so you don't go mad while chasing yellow.

It's the first time Nand plays Dangaroo

He was always playing Chewie/Stress Y/2Z with very good results; But after two bad results (Netherlands & Belgian National), it seems he decides to change ... With luck