Foil Cards

By nebulous8, in Star Wars: Destiny

Will Destiny have Foil Cards?

Not at this time.

Correct me if I wrong but FFG don't have Holo/Foul versions of their cards in any game, so by that reason I wouldn't expect it in this one.

Because every other game is an LCG and not collectable?

Foil cards as promos could be cool, with the alt text. In boosters, doesn't really matter to me.

I'm probably a minority in that I dont want foil cards.

I hate foils, so I hope we don't see them.

Edited by netherspirit

My only problem with foils is they damage themselves through warping. And with a collectable card, thats a nightmare I don't want to deal with. Knowingly owning a card that will lose its value over time and playability. I'm not really that interested.

I hate foils, so I hope we don't see them.

I agree.

Foils are fine when they are tastefully done, but there are a lot of bad ones. I could go either way on that.

Personally, I'd like movie still promos more, but given they have moved away from that in other games I don't know what hope we have for Destiny.

Alt or full art is superior to foils. May foils never make it in to our booster packs.

Foil on the dice would be awsome! Or for that matter iridescent or other special plastic dice would be wonderful as well.

Edited by TylerT

With the poor quality of their print-on-demand promos, I doubt FFG foils would be functional.

With the poor quality of their print-on-demand promos, I doubt FFG foils would be functional.

Uh, K. I think they are quite nice. I'm not sold on foils, but I generally think their promos are great.

They aren't amazing. It's mostly the resolution and/or font choice of the text that kills it for me. The artwork and card stock is usually fine

Well, apparently I'm in the minority, but I'm a big fan of shiny cards. Nonetheless, I don't expect FFG to carry them anytime soon if at all.

I prefer the spot gloss cards they do to foils. But I'm a big fan of the full art promos FFG does. Here is to hoping for no foils.

I am all for full art instead of foil.

They aren't amazing. It's mostly the resolution and/or font choice of the text that kills it for me. The artwork and card stock is usually fine

They're also not cut out from the sheet in the most accurate way.

For instance, the 3 Imperial Assault Leia's I brought back from Worlds this year are all visibly cut differently. One of them almost has part of her name snipped off in the process.

This is also why in any game they make where you draw from a deck of cards, you need to have some kind of opaque-backed sleeve for tournament play, just to make it less obvious when your off-cut promo card is coming up in the deck, nevermind the worry about cheaters deliberately finding subtle ways to mark their cards.

Regardless, I do like them promos overall in terms of the extended/full art layout and usually the artwork itself. That IA promo Chewie looks a little rough though...