Living Doll's curiosity

By Filippo, in Talisman

LIVING DOLL

You must take the Doll and ditch all of your other Objects . You may have no other Objects until you visit the Alchemist in the City and discard this Object to gain a gold.

What's the point of this part of description? It's totally useless: Every object can be discarded to gain a gold.

ps: It's different from Opal. Opal is "justified" by Prospector.

LIVING DOLL

You must take the Doll and ditch all of your other Objects . You may have no other Objects until you visit the Alchemist in the City and discard this Object to gain a gold.

What's the point of this part of description? It's totally useless: Every object can be discarded to gain a gold.

I guess it's there simply to give players a clue as to how they can get rid of it.

Opal's text isn't justified by prospector, because all prospector needs is object's name, not abilities. In other words, it opal had no text whatsoever, it would still works exactly the same with prospector.

Edited by Bludgeon

I would say it's there because you usually can't voluntarily discard cursed objects (or followers) and this is an exception to that rule.

I would say it's there because you usually can't voluntarily discard cursed objects (or followers) and this is an exception to that rule.

I disagree. Cursed is about ditching, not discard. I can discard what I want: it's not stated by the rules.

LIVING DOLL

I guess it's there simply to give players a clue as to how they can get rid of it.

Opal's text isn't justified by prospector, because all prospector needs is object's name, not abilities. In other words, it opal had no text whatsoever, it would still works exactly the same with prospector.

PROSPECTOR

You may sell any of your gems to the Prospector; discard the Lodestone , Opal , Emerald , Ruby , or Diamond as if you were at the City and gain the indicated amount of gold .

Abilities of cards are considerable. Opal's text is justified by prospector because the ability. Living doll's text is not justified by other cards like prospector.

I stand corrected about the opal.

I disagree. Cursed is about ditching, not discard. I can discard what I want: it's not stated by the rules.

The only time you actually discard anything is when you are instructed to discard something. If you choose to drop something, it is solely considered as ditching!

The only time you actually discard anything is when you are instructed to discard something. If you choose to drop something, it is solely considered as ditching!

Of course. I mean, I can voluntarily discard cursed objects when I visit the alchemist.

Edited by Filippo

LIVING DOLL

This is an interesting condition. Does this mean that you cannot use the Alchemy spell, the Alchemist follower, or the Alchemist character's special ability to get rid of the Living Doll? With such an explicit condition for getting rid of the Living Doll, I would say that yes, it does mean that.

Or, more accurately, if you use any of those other means to get rid of the Living Doll, the condition of not being able to have any other objects remains in effect.

<:)))><

Edited by stranigie
changed my mind