Force Sensative Mentor

By coppertop740, in Star Wars: Destiny

So me and my friends have been playing this for a few months now and we have a collective of two core rule books (force and destiny and edge of the empire) our first characters were pretty very confusing and we made many mistakes as to what our characters would build into and what we wanted them to be if that makes any sense. But now we are thinking of just restarting with new characters entirely i wanted to know if you can use a mentor discount in character creation if that fits the character or if that's something that's up to the GM. It would greatly Help character creation the second time around. Also we are now using OGG Dudes character creator if any one is familiar with that, i was wondering if that's a good program to use or if we should use something else.

The other thing i wanted to mention was that we rotate GMs Between myself and another friend of mine who was the initial GM, the reason we switched was because he does mission work frequently and is in Thailand so he cant really play with us at the moment but he will return and most likely according to him take over as GM once more. Is this ok? or in other words does this work out ok switching between GMs on the same campaign. any comments would be much appreciated thanks!

I really wish they didn't call it Destiny. It's not like there's a lack of words to use.

However, Destiny is a very evocative word and is such a nice fit for the game as it stands.

So me and my friends have been playing this for a few months now and we have a collective of two core rule books (force and destiny and edge of the empire) our first characters were pretty very confusing and we made many mistakes as to what our characters would build into and what we wanted them to be if that makes any sense. But now we are thinking of just restarting with new characters entirely i wanted to know if you can use a mentor discount in character creation if that fits the character or if that's something that's up to the GM. It would greatly Help character creation the second time around. Also we are now using OGG Dudes character creator if any one is familiar with that, i was wondering if that's a good program to use or if we should use something else.

The other thing i wanted to mention was that we rotate GMs Between myself and another friend of mine who was the initial GM, the reason we switched was because he does mission work frequently and is in Thailand so he cant really play with us at the moment but he will return and most likely according to him take over as GM once more. Is this ok? or in other words does this work out ok switching between GMs on the same campaign. any comments would be much appreciated thanks!

The Force Sensitive Mentor being used to assist during character creation is entirely on the GM. In a role play sense the question begs, at what point do you meet your mentor?

OGG's Character Creation Tools is indeed a good one. I would highly recommend that you use it in conjunction with Dropbox or Onedrive and have all the players able to see and change their characters while the GM can also access their characters.

Alternating GM's is fine, entirely on you, as long as you are all having fun it is a good way to play.

However, Destiny is a very evocative word and is such a nice fit for the game as it stands.

The Force Sensitive Mentor being used to assist during character creation is entirely on the GM. In a role play sense the question begs, at what point do you meet your mentor?

OGG's Character Creation Tools is indeed a good one. I would highly recommend that you use it in conjunction with Dropbox or Onedrive and have all the players able to see and change their characters while the GM can also access their characters.

Alternating GM's is fine, entirely on you, as long as you are all having fun it is a good way to play.

Thanks this helped a lot.