Cards salvaged from the rule PDF's

By John Constantine, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Those are the cards that were on PDF that I haven't seen in any of the previews (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Player cards:

Sure Gamble (Rogue Event)

Fortune. Insight.

Fast. Play after you reveal a chaos token with a negative modifier. Switch that token’s “–” to a “+”.
Vicious Blow (Guardian Skill)
Practiced.
If this skill test is successful during an attack, that attack deals +1 damage.
With a sickening smack, he struck the abomination over and over…until at last, it stopped moving.

Drawn to the Flame (Sorcerer Event)
Insight.
Draw the top card of the encounter deck. Then, discover 2 clues at your location.
“We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.” –H. P. Lovecraft, “The Call of Cthulhu”
Survival Instinct (Survivor Skill)
Innate.
If this skill test is successful during an evasion attempt, the evading investigator may immediately disengage from each other enemy engaged with him or her, and may move to a connecting location.
Haunted (Basic Weakness)
Curse.
Revelation – Add Haunted to your threat area.
You get –1 to each of your skills.
>>: Discard Haunted.
Encounter cards (if you're afraid of S P O I L E R S - stop reading):
Act 1a
As you leap to investigate, the door to your study vanishes before your eyes, leaving behind only solid wall. You’re trapped inside your study until you can find another way out.
Act 2a
A glowing barrier blocks the path to your parlor. As you move toward it, intense heat forces you to back away. Picking up a handful of dirt, you toss it at the barrier and watch in horror as the dirt incinerates. Perhaps there’s something in the cellar or attic that can help.
Objective – When the round ends, investigators in the Hallway may, as a group, spend the requisite number of clues to advance.
Act 3a
What Have You Done? A woman with a torch stands in your parlor, a glimmer of hatred in her eyes. “What have you done to my barrier?” she screams, furious. Before you can answer, a ghastly wail sounds behind you, and a creature wearing robes and a deer-skull mask tears through the wall, advancing toward you.
Objective – If the Ghoul Priest is defeated, advance.
Attic (Location)
Forced – After you enter the Attic: Take 1 horror.
The bloody carcass of a malformed beast swings from a meat hook chained to the ceiling. Blood drains slowly from the carcass, dripping into a small barrel.
Victory 1.

Miskatonic University

Arkham.

>: Search the top 6 cards of your deck for a Tome or Spell card and add it to your hand. Shuffle your deck.
The campus is quiet and lonely. Several of the buildings have been left unlocked for students and faculty working late into the night.
Victory 1.
Edited by John Constantine

Sure Gamble (Rogue Event)

Fortune. Insight.

Fast. Play after you reveal a chaos token with a negative modifier. Switch that token’s “–” to a “+”.

Genius! It never occured to me to try an extract info from that obscured card! Many thanks!!

The rest are already on arkhamdb.com

Edited by mplain

Sure Gamble actually sounds amazing.

What's really interesting is that it actually gets stronger with higher difficulty levels.

Thanks, really looking forward to the game :D

Is it possible to use Drawn to the Flame on a location without clues, do you think? I'm guessing it has to do with'discover' and whether or not you need actual clues at the location vs the pool.

Is it possible to use Drawn to the Flame on a location without clues, do you think? I'm guessing it has to do with'discover' and whether or not you need actual clues at the location vs the pool.

Depends on the RRG definition of "Discover". I can't remember off the top of my head.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

If an investigator discovers a

clue, he or she takes the clue from the location and places

it on his or her investigator card, under his or her control.

No. Discovering pulls clues from a Location to your Investigator. I don't think clues could be taken from anywhere else.

It makes sense, as someone else in the forums explained, that certain encounter cards or Act cards require X clues - because that's balanced with the number of clues available to be found. If you could gain them from some out-of-play pool, then you could completely avoid ever having to travel to and investigate some particularly nasty Location, essentially neutering the encounter deck. And as cool as that ability would be, I don't see that being allowed, given the difficulty this game is supposed to have.