Is "Immunity - Heat" proof vs. Fire from Flamers?

By MorbidDon, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Side note > its a First Tier Talent

If they wanted to make Resistance (Fire) I'd image that being a Third Tier Talent or or a Mutation of some kind?

Resistance (Fire)

- Flamers

- Pyromamcy

FIN

Product Info (Humor)

Special Containment Procedures: Subject is to be contained within a sealed storage tank of heat-resistant alloy with dimensions not less than 14 m 3

Private Soldier (aka Beetle Baily) is like "can't I just dip it in fire and leave it there so that its extra safe and nobody can touch it?" ROTFL

Ideal > Fire Cloak (1 time use)

Your set on fire > HALF ACTION drop cloak > you're now not on fire anymore and the consumable item is gone...

FIN

Manufactorum Works be like

aluminium-fire-proximity-suit.jpg

Napalm generates temperatures of 800 to 1,200 degrees Celsius...

or or... 1472 – 2192 Fahrenheit

Steel is just the element iron that has been processed to control the amount of carbon. Iron, out of the ground, melts at around 1510 degrees C ( 2750°F ). Steel often melts at around 1370 degrees C ( 2500°F ).

Aka stop playing with me LOL

Thats "napalm"

Promethium is said to burn without oxygen > you do the math on that...

Edited by MorbidDon

I was thinking about opening a private Rules Lawyer Practice after these forums close...

Morbid & Don & Associates?

Stay GAMING

Morbid

Edited by MorbidDon

I also found a thing:

From the DW and OW Tyranid Trait: "Tyranids are immune to all of the effects of the following: Pinning, mind-affecting Psychic Powers, Warp-based powers that affect the mind, cold, heat, diseases, and poisons, including the effects of weapons with the Toxic Quality ."

Note how immunity against "effects of weapons with the Toxic Quality" is called out in addition to immunity (Poisons), rather than being taken for granted. I feel that this reinforces my belief that the writers did not consider resistance against environmental effects and resistance against weapon effects to be synonymous.

Furthermore, if it were otherwise and Heat would work as you suggest (as in: including weapon effects), this would make Tyranids immune against flamethrowers.

Alright, I'll eat my hat on that point. That pretty conclusively refutes my entire idea of how Resistance works so I'll admit that I was wrong. Thank you for finding that and putting my (in hindsight) rather silly notion to bed.

It is a bit weird how they specifically separate the Toxic quality from other poisons considering the current array of poisons is quite limited.

Promethium is said to burn without oxygen > you do the math on that...

Considering 40K as a whole seems to laugh in the face of realistic physics, I'm not exactly certain what you're trying to say. Promethium is a science fiction fuel that does whatever the universe needs it to do so to try and figure how it is supposed to work in a realistic sense is a bit of a losing battle. I certainly don't consider it to be some sort of super napalm but more as their equivalent of oil/gasoline.

Manufactorum Works be like

Nah, that's reactor duty gear. Life comes cheap in 40k! :D

That pretty conclusively refutes my entire idea of how Resistance works so I'll admit that I was wrong. Thank you for finding that and putting my (in hindsight) rather silly notion to bed.

Eh, let's just blame the books. I was convinced of my interpretation before I actually found a rule to back it up, but if there's even a need for debating interpretations and relying on (subjective) common sense that means the description/wording wasn't as good as it could have been. ;)

As for promethium burning without an external source of oxygen -- real life thermite can actually do the same, as it contains its own source (metal oxide). This means thermite will burn in any environment and once ignited cannot be smothered. For this reason, thermite is also used for welding unterwater.

Of course this means that if promethium is supposed to work the same, I wonder how exactly a burning PC is supposed to put it out. :P

That being said, I've read at least three different descriptions of promethium by now (powder, gel, liquid), so we could solve this by considering promethium a layman's term for all sorts of manufactured propellant, and the differences being uncommon knowledge due to local limitations. Many forms of promethium will behave just like ordinary fuel, whereas the top tier variants may well be closer to WP or thermite?

Two things; I'd assume normal promethium and weapons-grade promethium are two different things, with additives designed to make them do their jobs better. Weapons-grade promethium probably has some kind of oxygenating agent mixed into it for use in atmospheres where oxygen is lacking, areas where one doesn't want to burn up all the air and for use in SPAAAAAACE. Lynata's point on how various regions use different formulas of promethium makes sense as well. I would also assume people put out promethium a bit like how they try to put out phosphorus and napalm; you literally scrape/rub it off, not just deny it fuel.

All I know is...

Don't pour Promethium on meeeee.... (but sugar would be ok)

wa wa

I couldn't help myself there guys > sorry LOL

and out of OW there is the Pryo Dream weapon, Pyrophoric Vambrace which uses Dried Chemical that ignite when exposed to Oxygen and has as it special qualities: Corrosive, Flame, Spray

Which I will use to Aim and spray on Morbid Don for that bad humor

ROTFL!!!