Georgia regionals at Gigabites

By jamie nasmyth, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Gigabites will be hosting an armada regionals event on Saturday December 3rd. The details can be found here on our fb page

https://www.facebook.com/events/1130767950315273/?ti=icl

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me or call the store.

Just a note for any optimists on Wave 5 this will NOT be legal unless wave 5 hits the stores on or before Monday Novemeber 21st

Earlier this year we had 38 or there about for the last regionals and hopefully we can match that this time round.

We are also hosting a warm up event on November 5th details for that can be found here.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1629012820761990/?ti=icl

Edited by jamie nasmyth

Where/how does one preregister? I remember last time was by Paypal

Where/how does one preregister? I remember last time was by Paypal

I would call the store to pre register the phone number is (770) 578-1497 or y ou can also PayPal to [email protected] . Please put armada regionals in the note

Entry is $20 in advance and $25 on the day.

Edited by jamie nasmyth

If we get at least 20 people to prepay by 11/20 those that have been registered will be entered into a raffle for a door prize so please sign up and prepay!

Really bummed I can't make it this year. The NC regional is on the same day.

I just saw that earlier this week as well. We are having an op event November 5th if you can drive down.

Man! I totally would except I am getting married that day.

Congratulations and have a great day

Edited by jamie nasmyth

Insurer default and predictable joke that she will be fine if your a couple hours late.......

Congratulations and have a great day

Bummer. That answers the question, "Will Caldias be at Worlds?" Unless you are planning a very short marriage. :)

That's a fact, sir, bummed I can't go but stoked I get married. I will probably try to go to the May Worlds, though, as my birthday is May 4th. IT IS DESTINY.

Jamie, correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't you the gentleman who politely dismantled my fleet with Ackbar, MC80 Pickle, Two AFMKIIs, and three X-Wings all while enjoying a soccer game on your iPad?

That's a fact, sir, bummed I can't go but stoked I get married. I will probably try to go to the May Worlds, though, as my birthday is May 4th. IT IS DESTINY.

Jamie, correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't you the gentleman who politely dismantled my fleet with Ackbar, MC80 Pickle, Two AFMKIIs, and three X-Wings all while enjoying a soccer game on your iPad?

That would be me indeed, though the soccer game went sour when we managed to concede a late equalizer to Russia..... Though the low light of Euro 2016 was loosing to Iceland in the last 16.....

FYI

Just a note for any optimists on Wave 5 this will NOT be legal unless wave 5 hits the stores on or before Monday Novemeber 21st

Our Star Wars Armada regionals are coming up on December 3rd! Preregister today to lock in your space and save $5!

Plus, if we get enough people registered before November 20th, we will have an additional Door Prize Raffle!

Send your registration via paypal to [email protected] or call the store at 770-578-1497

Less than a week to go. If you are coming please bring your Mats! It will be appreciated.

I know it's always subject to change due to last minute emergencies and individual circumstances, but how many people are pre registered? Is it shaping up to be another 4-rounder tomorrow? The Facebook page has 27 people who listed themselves as going...

I know it's always subject to change due to last minute emergencies and individual circumstances, but how many people are pre registered? Is it shaping up to be another 4-rounder tomorrow? The Facebook page has 27 people who listed themselves as going...

Right now 17 have pre payed. My expectation will be less than 29 and I will play the bye if a player wishes to get an extra game in. However do plan for 4 rounds just in case :)

It figures... I just found out I'm free for this. But... 8 hour drive. And no sleep. Sad face. No armada for me.

huummm sorry I posted it to a couple of the local armada groups in Georgia, Alabama and NC do you have a FB group I can share it to?

Edited by jamie nasmyth

Final Standings for Regionals today

1st and 2nd place playoff is in full swing now

Once again, Gigabites provided an awesome venue, and Jamie ran a very efficient tournament. Thanks again, for providing all of us with this opportunity.

Now for the AAR:

My standing- 5th, 27 points. Was tied for fourth, lost by 50-ish MOV. The details are starting to get fuzzy, so this is a generality.

My list- see fleet builds, "Wave 3/4 Rieekan." The variant with yavaaris. Basically Rieekan MSU (Salvation, Yavaaris, TRC90, 2 engine teched CR90 Bs, slicer tool Bright hope, Dutch-Wedge-Tycho)

Round 1

-Josh, 3 (or 4?) activation Dodonna, Mon Karen and MC80 Battle (both with XX9s) list with Jan, Luke, Wedge, Dutch.

I took initiative, Advanced Gunnery. He chose Mon Karen, I chose Salvation. Basically, and I did this for 2 of my other matches, I canalized both his Liberties to be held in position, rammed, ETed to death by my sacrificial Bs. He could not get past them until it was too late due to slicer tools taking away Nav commands. Yavaaris, Dutch, and Wedge shut down his squadrons before he could really do anything to useful with them. Salvation got a punishing 9 damage shot (and that is where the Salvation awesomeness ended for the rest of the night). I tabled him for 500 to his 220-some points from Salvation and the 2 Bs. . Maybe Wedge too? 9-2

Round 2

-Cninja's brother, Mickey. I think it was a Madine, regular MC80 Battle, MC30, 3 flotillas, 4 As and 2 YT1300s. He took initiative, we played Hyperspace Assault. Salvation went into hiding, and I don't quite remember how we set up, but he definitely outdeployed me. Not too bad though. Salvation can in 2nd round behind the MC30, and double arcing that and 2 flotillas to include his flagship. He got the MC30 out of there, and then I took a 5 dice attack the non-command Flotilla for ...5 blanks. And a side arc for ...1 blank and an accuracy (I think it did maybe 2 damage total the rest of the game). And this game became another ramming fest. His flagship just skirted the edge, safe for the most part. MC30 barely made it alive. Most of his squadrons made it alright, but not much else. Yavaaris wasn't as clutch this time, and he blew up a lot of my ships (I think he got Rieekan). It was a pretty close game, with him securing the 7-4 win by about 10 MOV.

Round 3

-Dan, running Vader, ISD2, 2 Gozantis, a vanilla raider, and a butt-ton of ties with Howl and Mithel. I took initiative and we played Dangerous territory. He outdeployed me by far, but placed his ISD so that I could perfectly canalize it into a ramming trap. It didn't last very long, but he definitely got some points back with gunnery teams and all those small units parked in the front arc. Somehow we got to the 6th round, and he had a single gozanti with some squadrons left. He also killed a lot of my stuff and got enough tokens to salvage a 4-7 loss. So I got the 7-4 win.

Round 4

-Everet, table 4 (top 8), all ship list with 7 activations. Demo, glad, 2 raider, 3 gozantis purely for activation purposes, 30 point bid. He took initiative and chose Intel sweep. Screed on the gozanti. The deployment was pretty even. Basically, the game came down to 2 critical events on my opponent's part. He had a double arc on my flagship (TRC90) with the Raider, APTs, OEs, Screed and a CF. Terrible rolls got him 1 APT damage and 1 other damage on hull. The crit wasn't terrible for me, and I survived. This was the 3rd round. Things would have been drastically different had he got a decent roll. The second critical choice came down to activation order and the objective. He had a perfect shot lined up with Demo to take out Salvation and Yavaaris if Demo activated first. Which he did, instead of activating his objective ship (which already had some hull damage). first to collect a token (I had 2, he had 1). So I activated Yavaaris to double tap with Wedge, destroying the objective ship before it could get the token. That was a 75 point mistake on his part. And Demo had already been loaded with damage. So while it got away, the crits it suffered caused enough conditional damage to bring it down on its next activation. That was a bare 100 point gain for me. He destroyed everything but the CR90s, Dutch and Tycho. 7-4 win for me.

My take always:

Slicer tools came in clutch on this tournament, taking away critical engineering, Nav, and Squadron commands to keep crits on hull, ships trapped in a ramming bubble, and squadrons useless. Toryn Far wound up only really coming in handy on my first game

6 activations is a lot, but really worked well with this fleet. Especially with the ET CR90 Bs. Well worth the points for the ETs instead of SW7s. They made great sacrificial pieces. Salvation with spirals.......literally got at least 10 blank reds out of the front in just 1 game. But I'd still take it over TRC for the ability to use the evade in defense. Yavaaris was so awesome in this list. I probably got the most utility out of Yavaaris-Dutch-Wedge. With Initiative, they can easily shut down a superior fighter force, especially when they get to stick around with Rieekan. Happy with this list.

And that's about it. I enjoyed all my games, and got to meet a lot of cool people. Glad to finally have some Regional dice, and this was a significant improvement over my last tournament, averaging just under 7 points per round (versus just under 6 per round and 12th place in Chicago).

Second attempt at posting the standings:

Regionals%20Stnadings%202016_zpsytkr3z9e

Any chance of seeing fleet lists?

Cninja has the lists and will post them later